“Visiting for work ”

Ranked #24 of 702 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The London Street Brasserie is the second award winning restaurant by owner & proprietor Paul Clerehugh. Opened in 2000, next to the river Kennet in the heart of Reading, the London Street Brasserie has won both critical acclaim & Michelin recognition & has also been voted restaurant of the year. Lovingly called the LSB by regulars & locals, the restaurant has become a firm favourite in the area & a must visit for foodies. Serving local produce to the highest standards this restaurant is definitely worth a visit.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My colleague and I had a meal here on Tuesday night. The food was superb and the atmosphere excellent. The staff were very friendly and efficient and made our experience perfect. Thank you and I will definitely return if I visit again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1 793)

96 - 100 of 1 794 reviews

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I have been to London Street Braserie four times in the last few months but I only go at lunchtime. The quality of the food is superb and the lunchtime prices are really reasonable. Starter and main are £16.50 which is hard to beat. The service is first class and the quality of the food really is wonderful. The staff will try to help in any way they can and even let me have a private table in the bar for a leaving lunch recently. I can’t rate them too highly, it’s my go to lunch venue.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 24 June 2018

My wife and I have just had a delicious lunch in the sunshine alongside the River Kennet at the London Street Brasserie. It wasn’t a planned visit, we were walking past mid afternoon and entered on a whim. We hadn’t eaten here for a few years (so much local choice) so we were pleasantly surprised that it was still as good as we remembered.
The staff were welcoming, polite and efficient, the atmosphere very friendly. We were offered a table by the riverside and were soon reading the menu, drinks in hand. We ordered from the very well designed Set Menu which had plates suitable for all, even diabetics!
Each of the three courses was served without long waits in between, were all delicious. Our Espressos at the end of the meal were nice and hot.
It is one of the more expensive restaurants in the Reading town centre but oh so much better than the other nearby restaurant chains, still very good value though.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

This was mine and my wife's favourite restaurant. Unfortunately I lost her to cancer just under 2 years ago and hadn't been back as it would have been too an emotional experience. However, my kids (18 and 20, not really kids!) decided to book this for Fathers day. It was an emotional experience, but a return that would only be right with my children. Having not been for over 4 years, I was glad to see the standards of food and service are still as high as ever. We were looked after by Tim, a friendly and knowledgeable man who I probably rather insisted on telling my life story to! (sorry Tim!)

Only 4 stars this time though, because the Guinea fowl was slightly over and a little dry, but Tim suggested a red wine jus to moisten the meat, which it did. He also gave us free dessert to make up for the slight mistake. Everything else was delicious and well cooked with great flavours.

Nice to be back here and I'm sure I will be back again very soon.

1  Thank Darren T
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We visited London Street Brasserie on a night out and were delighted about the quality and choice of food.

To eat like this normally means a trip to a major city or a journey of some kind but London Street is right in the centre of Reading so made up a great night out.

The food is excellent and the staff great, it’s not the cheapest but a much nicer environment then the surrounding options which can be full of people out for a drink rather then enjoying a meal.

Date of visit: October 2017