“Disappointing ”
Review of Kobeda Palace

Kobeda Palace
Ranked #208 of 678 Restaurants in Reading
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Went to eat tbere with friends after reading good reviews about them but it was a disappointing . I have eaten kobeda at few other places before and this was not even near to any of them. Kobeda was dry and portion size for kobeda was verysmall . Bread was ok and rice were not really great as well. Sauce given with kobeda was just like any ordinary kebab shop sauce. Like they didn't even made any effort to make some thing special.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

I went there several times, the food is good and the price is also ok, I have tried few thing always nice food, the bread is fresh, and now I was told they do delivery as well, something I will consider in the future ..

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We have eaten here about 8 times and each time is as good as the last. Quabily Pillow is a favourite with lamb, vegetables and rice always good with the meat falling of the bone. Always good, as is the mixed grill and Karahi. Becoming a regular treat for us.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

We regularly visit Kobeda for a sit down meal or take away. The food is always perfectly cooked ,great tasting and reasonably priced. I’m glad we found this hidden gem.

1  Thank Jenna W
Reviewed 30 September 2017

The place feels like a dive just like the best curry houses in Bradford were in the nineties when I ate there, Mumtaz used to be a takeaway with one table and sold an amazing fish curry. Had the Lamb curry which is a bit fatty as it's made with Lamb ribs which are cheap but it was extraordinarily good, I expect the chicken curry will be amazing. My children love the grilled chicken and Lamb cutlets as they are not too spicey and the Mango Lassi is to die for. Many English people would shy away from the strip lighting, formica tables and plastic plates (the toilets are not great also) but you get brilliant food cooked freshley delivered to your table that's not in some kind of coloured sauce, this is the best curry house I've found "down south" so far.