Hilton Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
pentahotels Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$78
  • Restaurant
Abbey House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$93
US$54
Priceline
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$66/night.

Beech House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$99
US$96
US$73
Priceline
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
US$126
Bath Hotel(Reading)
US$54
US$106
TripAdvisor
Reviews (1 133)
1 133 results
All reviewstrain stationfriar streettown centrepubs and restaurantscentral locationcar parkrooms are smallreception staffcomfortable bedreading stationfew minutes walksaturday nightshort staythe hotel is cleanbusiness tripgood nights sleepan overnight stay
13 - 18 of 1 133 reviews
Reviewed 2 June 2018

My main disappointment was that I arrived a couple of hours before check in time from an overnight flight, and they would only check me in if I paid an additional half-day rate. I've never had that experience before when checking in early at a hotel. other than that, the room was fine. Extremely small but comfortable and clean. Location was a fairly short walk to the train station (10-15 minutes).

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
ibisReading, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Rob B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on Tripadvisor.
I am sorry that this time we were not up to a 4* or 5* score.
To inform you that our check-in time is 2pm and early check-in is chargeable in most of the hotels. I am sorry if this made you disappointed.
Otherwise I am so delighted that you found the hotel very clean, comfortable, and the location was also convenient for your stay.
With my team we are working even harder to get a higher score from you next time.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I had to stay 3 nights in the hotel booked for me by my company. I didn’t expect something extra ordinary but I found clean and well equpteted rooms for a short stay and for the price. What really made it brilliant stay was the staff! That was one of the best, friendliest and happy staff I came across (and I am well traveled!) I was impressed especially with a youn trainee boy from Spain who made this extra step and actually made my last evening in the hotel! Thank you Raul, you made my day! Here I am back today for another three days stay and I am so happy to meet the same team greeting me with their priceless smiles and enthusiasm! Thank you!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Eli M,

Thank you for your lovely review and appreciate the 5* rating.
I am more than pleased to learn that everything went so well during your last stay with us at ibis Reading Centre.
Our staff are always encouraged to make sure that our guests are genuinely made to feel welcome and please be advised that I will most certainly share your generous comments with every member of our team and passed your kind words to Raul.
I really look forward to seeing you soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We love this tall Ibis. We enjoyed an extremely efficient check-in and the place feels swanky, even though you can get yourself a great deal. On this visit (our third this year) both lifts were in working order (phew!) and we had a high-up room with views over the city. The bed was comfy the shower was hot and powerful. A nice stay.

Room Tip: Some rooms are very high but remember that there are only 2 lifts
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear neilmach_UK,

Many thanks for sharing your kind comments regarding your stay at ibis Reading Centre. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you very much for your loyalty.
I am so glad to see that you liked our new check-in system which is indeed more personal and very quick.
With my team we are working even harder to get a 5* next time:)
Hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Arrived late on Friday night to find that they did not have the interconnecting rooms we booked. I had checked and checked again before we arrived as I knew that we would be arriving late with young children. The manager was nice and arranged a refund, but we had an uncomfortable night and had to sit in the hallway to eat so as to not wake up the kids.

The manager said that she would arrange interconnecting rooms and for our bags to be moved. We had interconnecting rooms, but the bags weren’t moved.

On Friday, Saturday and Sunday the key cards stopped every time we went back to the room. The card system clearly doesn’t work.

Good location, but it needs to fix its systems in order to be a workable hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
ibisReading, Gerente geral at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear 2016alphapersei,
I wish to thank you for considering the ibis Reading Centre. I regret that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations and for that I would like to apologize.
Once again I am so sorry for all inconvenience. Unfortunately due to an error your rooms were not allocated as we confirmed.
I am delighted that you mentioned that the duty manager tried very hard to resolve this issue and even wanted to organize a room in our sister hotel next door but as you decided to not going there she has refund the full amount for that night.
I do also apologize for the issue with the key card.
If you like to add any other comments I would be very happy to discuss further.
You could contact me by email on h5431-gm@accor.com.
Thank you once again and hope we could have another opportunity next time with an even better experience.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

I would like to give a 10 our 10 review for Ines Canico, she had to deal with 2 really Obnoxious asreholes, that thought as she was female they could talk to her how they did!
She delt with the situation in such a professional manner!
To me he was lucky he didn’t get knocked out!
What an amazing lady,an asset to ibis

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
ibisReading, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear Daniel,

Thank you very much for the fantastic 5* review.
I am so delighted to see that you found Ines very professional and as you mentioned she is an asset to ibis indeed:)
Hope you were satisfied with your stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon in ibis Reading Centre.