“Excellent staff and sevice”
Review of Boswells Cafe

Boswells Cafe
Ranked #327 of 667 Restaurants in Reading
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have been coming here since April this year, as I am at university. The staff, service are excellent and its always buzzing it's never empty not even at 8am when we come for our morning coffee before lectures.

Their quick wraps for lunch are tasty as is the veggie breakfast. If you come to reading your better off here for a great lunchtime.

charlotte j, Public Relations Manager at Boswells Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your positive review and your loyal custom :)

Reviewed 9 May 2018

I have been here before, and never had any complaints, so another visit was a definite. We came well after the lunch hour, so had a good choice of tables and because it was hot we took advantage of a spot near the air conditioning. My friend was impressed with her lunch (sorry can't remember what she had) and I had a bowl of the soup - lovely vegetable broth. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Would come here again.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Popped here for a breakfast and holy moly do not come here sober! Very greasy food and low quality sausages. Hash browns had obviously been sitting out for ages under a hot light; no crunch at all. Saving grace (and reason get more than one star) is the coffee, which was delicious.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I should have known better, my last visit here was not good. I fancied a full English breakfast at lunch time, and the number of places that offer this is limited.

I ordered the full English only to be told that after 11, they only serve the ‘All Day Breakfast’. This is exactly the same as a full English but with a handful of chips thrown on, and £2 more expensive.

The breakfast itself was clearly pre-cooked and just warmed up, in fact the baked beans were luke warm at best... as were the few chips thrown on. The egg was hard and just about warm, the bacon as chewy as jerky! A real rip off, and really quite expensive.

My complaint was met with an offer of another one, and by this time I was too far put off to even contemplate eating any more. No refunds I was told!

This place has gone an awful long way downhill, I used to visit every time I was in town. Not any more!

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Ordered English Breakfast with fried eggs and brown toast. It came quick. Brown toast was well browned ..infact bordering black. It looked pre-ready and soaking in butter. A quick warm up with an extra generous layer of butter on top made it appealing. The fried eggs had a nice crispy bottom and the crunch added a nice twist. Ordered a plain extra bread without butter for my 1.5 yr old. Repeated twice to lady who took our order and twice to lady at till. Still was served with a toast with butter. Had to send it back and get it changed. Coffee was ok.

Breakfast + coffee is almost the same price as that of a Brasserie. I would prefer to avoid the Boswell twist and have a nice english with non-crispy egg and toast that does not color my finger black.

1  Thank Sarthak S