“Good for beer, not for food.”

Oakford Social Club
Ranked #110 of 684 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: *Grade 2 listed building*Child friendly but sadly no baby changing facilities *Dog friendly (must be on leads) but not suitable on weekend evenings or gig nights*Front and back beer garden (back garden heated)*Reservations taken. Large groups and buffets can be easily catered for*Late night venue. Licensed until 2am at weekends but doors shutting at 1am
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

The beer selection was good and the staff I spoke to were generally friendly, except one who obviously didn't want to be there.

I ordered food and got advised not to unless I wanted a 20 minute wait (when the place was empty, that set a few alarm bells off) but I figured I don't mind the wait if the food is good. After 45-50 minutes I was starting to lose both my patience and my hour lunch break.. when it finally arrived the food was mediocre, not worth the expense or the wait.

Totally disappointed.
Won't be eating here again!

GeneralManagerA765, Manager at Oakford Social Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for leaving us a review- we’re glad you enjoyed our selection of beer and our friendly team.

Sometimes at peak times we put waits on our food service, as our small kitchen is stretched to capacity. Yeaterday we had a very busy later lunch service (after 1pm), and it sounds as though your meal may have councided with this rush of food? We unreservidly apologise for your wait being longer than we anticipated- but sometimes when a fast rush of food comes through it’s hard for our team to give accurate wait times.

Can we make it up to you? We would love to offer you discounted food and a beer on us on your next visit- email us at info@oakfordsocialclub.com and we will get back to you with details.

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

The chiken was very tender and was world class , would have been better if there was some nice thick cut chips to really get the amazing taste of what the pub is wanting . The person with the marshmallow hair ( i do believe it is a female) was very kind and placed my southern fried chiken very carefully onto the table making sure none of my mouth watering chiken fell off the table . I am very thankful for my nice time at the pub . Yours sincerely.

GeneralManagerA765, Manager at Oakford Social Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Hi there! Thank you for that! Um hoping you have a great day and will visit us again soon!!

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Loved the Oakford for the food and the atmosphere - very friendly staff and great music. I recommend any of the burgers as they are really good and go down very nicely with the selection of beer!

GeneralManagerA765, Manager at Oakford Social Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Hi Nik! Thank you so much! We love to hear when we’ve got it right! If you think the burgers are good you have to try the fried chicken next time ;)

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Walk in, lovely atmosphere (music, great decor etc) then greated by wonderful staff. they recommended some alternative largers to try which where fantastic. They are really friendly and approachable. There’s very few bars in Reading that have staff and venue like this. And of those few the Oakford is definitely the best!

GeneralManagerA765, Manager at Oakford Social Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Wow Alec thank you so much!! You’re going to make us drunk on compliments!

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Great staff, great food, great beer selection.
Love what's happened with the new(ish) refurb. Have the chicken bites they're amazing!

Hi Rose! You’re not wrong about the bites! They’re incredibly toothsome (fave word)
We very much hope to see you again soon for fun n frolics!