“Superb Sandwiches & Salads, don’t be put off by the location!”
Review of Shed

Shed
Ranked #1 of 75 Quick Bites in Reading
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: At Shed try out our delicious sandwiches, toasties, homemade cakes, salads, soups, milkshakes, teas and coffee Come and relax in a beautiful old building which is actually an old forge rather than a shed. Plenty of seating offered upstairs
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Our company has just moved to Reading and this has become a regular weekly visit! Located down a side alley near a large NCP car park you might be put off by the location, don’t be. Superb sandwiches & salads freshly made to order. I’ve mostly used the takeaway service but the cafe itself looks pretty good. They have a set & perhaps a slightly unusual combination of fillings but all I’ve tried have been very tasty. Combined with proper wholemeal bread they’re a pretty filling lunch. I’ve managed to avoid the cakes so far but these look really good too! A great change from the ‘same old’ sandwich fillings and chain outlets...

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

A friend arranged to meet 5 of us at the shed and I have to confess from the name I wasn't expecting much ... But I was pleasantly surprised prompt service meant our lunch hour didn't over run, mint tea had fresh mint! And sandwhiches were substantial (BRie and cranberry) only thing to note is stairs only suitable for the agile ! It was also hot weather so made the shed feel like being on holiday

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

First time here the place is amazing and cool! The service was excellent and food was delicious! Recommend coming here for the salads and wraps and milkshakes!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

This very modest place is magic, the menu is not vast but quality across the price range. Quite rightly it gets busy at lunchtime and makes a very pleasant change from the likes of Starbucks where everything is bland and over priced. Shed is a treat in itself and sensibly priced. The toasties are great value and really tasty. A good selection of shortbread and the like for those that like to indulge but also sensible alternatives for the health conscious too. Be prepared to queue but it’s well worth the wait. It’s a real treat and worth discovering,I’m glad I found it.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Recently moved to Reading my partner and I tried this out about 6 months ago and has become our go-to place whenever we can treat ourselves to lunch out. The sourdough bacon, cranberry and brie ciabatta with a flat white is 100% recommended. She tells me the vegetarian options and tea are pretty spot on too!

Date of visit: July 2018