Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$69
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$79/night.

pentahotels Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$78
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

Abbey House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$86
Beech House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$96
US$93
US$54
Priceline
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$70/night.

US$125
Bath Hotel(Reading)
US$53
US$106
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe holiday innlegoland dealfamily roomswimming poolchanging roomstrouser pressrestaurant staffleisure facilitiesthe ground floorbreakfast staffplenty of parkinghealth clubbusiness tripdouble bedcomfortable staystayed one nightbuffet style
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Reasonable value hotel in Reading, and close to the M4 depending on where you're travelling to or from,

Parking can be a pain if you aren't lucky enough to get a space at the front of the hotel, but there is a big free car park at the back if not. The walk isn't great if it's raining though

Check-in was swift, just make sure you add your car registration number to the tablet on the desk to ensure you don't get a fine.

The rooms are a long walk away, or at least ours was, down long corridors. Therefore a wheeled bag would be better.

Rooms are clean and tidy, with all the usual facilities you'd expect.

Is the hotel really modern? No. Is it clean and functional? Yes

There are almost certainly nicer hotels nearby, but this isn't a bad place to stay

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
HIReadingSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We booked for a legoland visit and additional night. The hotel had a recent refurbishment so lovely and nrw looking. Reception staff on check in helpful and friendly my children loved the childrens dinner buffet plenty to eat and free with the adult meal. We had a few teething problems with the air con and tv but the manager on duty could not have done more to accommodate us a credit to the hotel (sunday night 27th May) the resturant and bar staff all friendly and helpful could not have asked for more great breakfast just a shame for our third night the hotel was busy and we had to book and alternative hotel we will defaintely come back again

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy F

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

We were very pleased to read your comments, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

Stayed on a Legoland visit, room was excellent, and staff were great. Only ate breakfast, which was buffet style and again staff went out of their way to help. Room was made up with sofa bed for the kids, and choc-chip cookie on their pillow, nice touch.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank gary b

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review, it was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for highlighting our wonderful team.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights at holiday Inn Reading South and I was really surprised by the unusual problem that I had whereas I am used to stay in many holiday inn hotel in the UK and the rest of the world, and other chains.

Receptionist was not very nice and welcoming and i was tired and just wanted to get to a quiet room. I got a room that I that really difficult to localised- in fact the hotel architecture is not common and it takes few Minutes to search for the rooms.

The room was clean but the bathroom was very small.
I’m the middle of the night, I could hear lots of noise around, someone beating something and sawing. Obviously, there was some maintenance works being done at night. Despite my call, the receptionist could not relocate me and confirm maintenance work on-going in the middle of the night!

I was moved to an Executive room on the next day, a room located on the other side which was looking exactly the same but just quieter. No problem on the second night.

The restaurant experience was quite bad too. I was initially place in a table which was the corridor for servers coming and coming back all the time! So after moving, got done food- curry meal was ok. Second dinner I took a pizza which was just ok.

At the end of the stay, the receptionist apologize for the inconvenience but no commercial gesture was done which is to me no acceptable.

Overall, the hotel is ok but my experience was bad and I found it pricey for the level of service. For all the reasons that I mentioned above I will definitely skip this hotel next time.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Faju1242

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I was very sorry to learn of your experiences, and would like to offer my sincere apologies.

I would be grateful if you could contact us at your convenience on 0118 9870461 so that we may discuss these matters in more detail.

Thank you, and we do hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed midweek on business on my own lovely safe feeling hotel. Gym is quiet small and so is the pool but only a few guests used it so was ok. Didn’t experience the restaurant so can’t comment on the food. Lidl opposite hotel for any snacks you might need!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank MR19702602

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review, it was great to hear your feedback on your stay.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon.