“Tasty! ”
Review of Gooi Nara

Gooi Nara
Ranked #76 of 687 Restaurants in Reading
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We went there for my sister's birthday and the food was really tasty and good value for money. We have been to quite a few Korean restaurants before and this is definitely on par. For a large group the barbecue is worth trying as it's a fun experience. The staff were polite and friendly and able to advise on portions to order to avoid over ordering, a good quality for waiting staff.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I was delighted when my friend told me about this restaurant. I don't think there's very many Korean restaurant in the whole of Berkshire and there's certainly none in Reading apart from this one. Menu selection seems great but we had a big shock when our food arrived. We ordered beef bimbimbap on a hotstone (I'm guessing one of their popular item) and it came with a TEAspoonfull of thin beef serving cut in miniscule size of roughly 0.5cm x 0.5cm. I'm not joking. They might as well not put any beef. At £10 a portion, this is a total rip off.

£6 for a mixed kimchi (a small heap cabbage, about 8 slices of cucumber (7cm × 1cm) and 10 cubes of radish) is also on the very expensive spectrum.

Clearly they're making the most of being the only Korean restaurant in the area which admittedly taste decent.

I won't be coming back in a hurry. Much better value for money food available in reading.

The 3 stars is to reflect the poor value for money but decent taste.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Great food, but also really enjoyable experience. You can barbeque your own food! And the prepared dishes are also brilliant, generous portions and quality food.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I've been there 3 or 4 times and it has always been amazing!
Good quality, good service, good price and beautiful place.

I have tried Naengmyun (noddles in a cold soup) in different parts of the world, such as Paris and Vienna, but these were the best I tried.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 22 February 2018

My son took me here last night, his third visit, my first.

We ordered steamed chicken dumplings, kimchi, and we were also brought a bowl of beansprouts. Amazing! I adore steamed dumplings and these were some of the best I've had, very light and full of flavour.

We then had the table bbq, where you cook your own food. Food was fresh, beautifully presented and lovely, sauces and salda were provided to us too.

Staff were very friendly at all times, and it was a gentle, relaxed atmosphere.

Vegan and vegetarian food can also be served.

A very nice evening, and I will go back for sure!

Date of visit: February 2018