“Be aware of online”

Royal Cars Oxford
Ranked #12 of 21 Transportation in Oxford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Royal cars are situated in the famous university city of Oxford. A family run business since 1991, securing major contracts it is now recognized as Oxford’s largest private hire service. Royal Cars was initially founded with a modest fleet of just 4 cars which has grown to a wide range including all vehicle types to meet the needs of our customers in Oxford. We now have of over 200 vehicles consisting of MPV’S, estates, saloon, executive, and VIP vehicles. We accept all types of work, from local runs; airport transfers, long distance pickups and drops, and occasionally have crossed the channel! All our drivers are CRB (criminal record bureau) checked, and have undergone a medical examination before being licensed by Oxford City Council.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Booked a return journey, based on internet prices given. Turns out it was 30% more expensive, the only prices were wrong.

Why on earth would you have online pricing you can commit to and confirm that are incorrect. I entered addresses, people number, time and date, and still I was quoted incorrect prices. Took a £75 return to &120.00. That is bad come on, fix it.

2  Thank Ches178

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We ordered a Royal Cars taxi while staying in Oxford and we decided to book another taxi for the following day to go to London. The taxi driver ordered it for us, we didn’t speak with an operator. The price was £140 (all included). The next day when the taxi arrived another driver told us that the price didn’t include the condition fees which were £14. Then we should have paid £154. We explained the taxi driver the situation, he called the office, they asked him to charge us the £14 condition fees anyway. We were upset by that so Kudrat (the driver) charged us only £140 and told us he wouldn’t charge us for the condition fees though it wasn’t his fault, but his coworker’s one. He also helped us to bring the luggage and he returned some of our belongings that we forgot inside the car. Thank you Kudrat for an amazing service and for being such an honest and helpful person!

1  Thank KarinaKsenia
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Restaurant ordered Royal car taxi - their choice.
Short journey £3.20 on meter expected to pay usual minimum of £5 - not this time as driver demand £6 (20% increase) on basis waiting time (1min after he arrived I was in Taxi!) then when challenged changed to because restaurant ordered taxi they charge extra £1. I did not pay extra.
Who is controlling these drivers who appear to be ripping customers and employers off?
Called Royal Cars but no manager available to speak to me however operator confirmed £5 min charge, hence this review.
Have contacted restaurant and strongly suggested they stop using Royal cars

Ozz_Khan, Manager at Royal Cars Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Hi ,

We apologise for the service you received, if you can email your journey details to feedback@royal-cars.com we can investigate this matter and prevent it from happening in the future.

Thanks

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I booked Royal Cars Oxford for the an outward and return journey to Blenheim Castle. Both cab rides where great, especially the return journey. The cab driver Kudrat really had every right to leave us behind, we were nearly +30minutes late arriving at the pick up point and he even called and texted me several times. He could have left 2 ladies stranded that night, he did not, waited for us, showed patience and then bought us back safely to our hotel. Thank you, thank you thank you, Kudrat. you are the best Amy

1  Thank OutnaboutSydney
Royal-Cars-Oxford, Public Relations Manager at Royal Cars Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thanks for your wonderful feedback.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

I booked our taxi from a concert back to my accommodation, I firstly received a text confirming that I booked my taxi and then a phone call that day advising me that there were a lot of people going in my direction and asked if I could go in a White minibus they gave me the make/model, reg no and where the taxi would be. It was exactly where it was. Plus, we got a taxi to the concert, earlier in the day and the return journey was a lot cheaper. Driver was very nice too even though others were complaining about the price. They were very very drunk.

1  Thank mrselphillips

Thanks for brilliant review :-)