“A mixed bag”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good bits: Green curry, brown rice and papaya salad.
Dodgy bits: Vegetable tempura-very greasy and cheap/uninspiring vegetables-who wants a sliced carrot tempura?
Red curry was flat tasting.
Jasmine tea was awlful-cheap Chinese tea bag!
Owner/manager very unfriendly and cold.
Decor is very dated I felt like I was sitting on set at The Fawlty Towers restaurant. The building is exquisite but the place itself definitely needs a make over-something earthy and cool-it is far too formal and uncomfortable.
Needs more attention to detail-a lovely pot of fresh jasmine tea leaves instead of the lacklustre cheap teabag-step up to the times and invest in some quality produce.

1  Thank raj0t

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a very affordable and pleasant lunch here; the food was delicious and service so quick we were in and out and ready to explore Oxford again in no time. Please visit if you like authentic, tasty Thai food in a relaxed atmosphere.

1  Thank EvaSUK
JCGroup, Owner at Chiang Mai Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hey Eva! Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! :) CMK x

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I visit here for lunch whenever we are in Oxford because the restaurant offers a good range of vegetarian gluten free options. As ever the welcome was warm, service was prompt and very polite and the food faultless. If you fancy a great meal go here!

2  Thank MelkortheMighty
JCGroup, Owner at Chiang Mai Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello there! We're so glad you enjoyed your visit! Thanks for the 5* review! :) CMK x

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I forgot I was in London because this place really reminded me of Thailand. The used stairs, the restrooms downstairs, the spaces for dining, the whole ambiance.We both ordered teas which were served in a wine glass, ok that was a bit different and they developed into beautiful flowers.My padthai was exactly like I remembered it , very yummy and my partners soup with seafood was served with very fresh ingredients and of a soft taste( not spicy).Excellent.It was very serene in the dining room and lovely to eat in such peace.We were there for lunch.Loved it.

1  Thank 150luxury

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! :) CMK x

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Saturday night dinner with my wife. We are far too much but it was just too good. Starters were not organic free range chicken breasts but nice enough, great flavours. Mains were well portioned, plenty of sauce. Attentive staff removed plates and topped up beers without hovering.

All told, lovely meal, great price, interesting building, recommended.

2  Thank TravellingZel
JCGroup, Owner at Chiang Mai Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Hey there! Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We're so glad you enjoyed your meal! :) CMK x