“Stay away”
Review of Dirty Bones Oxford

Dirty Bones Oxford
Ranked #237 of 703 Restaurants in Oxford
Price range: US$13 - US$53
Description: Dirty Bones is all about serving best-in-class NYC-inspired comfort food and cocktails to a carefully curated playlist of old-school hip hop, funk and soul. Their New York roots are at the heart of everything they create, especially when it comes to their vibrant team, laid-back atmosphere and retro-inspired designs. Open for lunch (check out our £10 Lunch List Monday to Friday with a £5 drink bolt-on), dinner and drinks seven days a week, our Dirty DJs spin party gems and straight-up-old-school every Friday and Saturday from 9pm 'til late. For your recovery, our cure-all Bottomless Brunch Cocktails and dishes run every weekend from 11am. Cocktail Hour runs at Dirty Bones Oxford Monday to Friday, 3-7pm - think signature cocktails for £5.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I went there with my wife and my friends for what we thought was going to be an experience and nice food. Well it was an experience but the food was far from nice. Twice I sent my food back once for being stone cold and raw in the middle, the second for being over cooked burnt and hard. I even sent my drink back twice as both times it was served to me flat. This is certainly a place I will never visit again even if I was dying of starvation.

DirtyBonesLDN, Manager at Dirty Bones Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hey there,

Thank you for your review and feedback, we really do appreciate all the comments we receive.
We're really sorry to hear that your experience wasn't up to our usual standard. Would you mind popping us an email to info@dirty-bones.com with a few more details? Our team are on hand to look into this and find out what happened during your visit.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Team DB

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First of all I loved the fact they came over and brought you a fresh big jug of water and kept topping it up throughout the meal. The staff were so lovely and the restaurant was really nicely laid out. I had Tacos and did not like at all, I did try the chicken which was ok and the burger were again ok, the food looked lush but didn't taste amazing

Hi there Joe,

Cheers for the review, it's lovely to hear that the staff were so great to your group!
Not cool at all that the food wasn't up to our usual standard though! Would you mind popping us an email to info@dirty-bones.com with a few more details about your visit so that we can look into what happened with the food there?

We'd love to welcome you back again and hope we can change your mind about our NY inspired comfort food!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

On our trip to Oxford while we were visiting some friends we visited Dirty Bones. Outstanding food, even better from NY , amazing customer service. They know how to threat you and the food was amazing
Dumplings, wings and the signature dish lamp fries is a must!Thank you so much Dirty Bones. Peace and love

DirtyBonesLDN, Manager at Dirty Bones Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi there,

Thanks so much for such a lovely review! We really appreciate the feedback.
Great to hear you had such a good time with us at Dirty Bones.
We'd love to welcome you back again soon for more cocktails and NY inspired comfort food :)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited yesterday with my family to celebrate my birthday's birthday and was pleasantly surprised.

Upon arrival we were asked whether we wanted to sit inside or out, we opted for outside as the sun was out. We live in England, we don't get the sunshine very often so need to lap it up. The view was beautiful overlooking greenery and not flats/housing which was great. It took a while to order anything, but once we had they came regularly.

We opted for 4 Uptown Spritz, glass of wine and a beer whilst we were looking at the menus which came out promptly. The cocktails were lovely, I recommend!!

We then ordered 1 of each of the starters (small plates) and then 3 chicken taco's with different sides (sharing is caring) and steak and eggs. All of the food was really delicious, I don't think there was anything none of us didn't like! The cheeseburger dumplings were definitely a highlight.

The customer service was friendly, attentive, and laughed/joked with our group which made the experience better. They had overheard it was brother's birthday and brought out a complimentary dessert which was really nice of them.

Overall, good food, good atmosphere and would recommend. Although, a little pricey!

Hi there,

Thanks for choosing Dirty Bones to celebrate!

Definitely a good shout to choose to sit in the sun on that amazing roof terrace!
It sounds like you had a great time with cocktails and sharing food! We will pass on the messages to the kitchen team that you loved the food and definitely let the floor staff know that their customer service was on point!

Hope to see you back again soon for more high fives and good times. :)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked Dirty Bones for our anniversary and the food was exactly what we were looking for, reminded us of our time in New York. As for the staff they were very friendly and made the night even more special, big shout out to Paul for everything he did ;couldn’t have done enough for us. We will be back very soon can’t get enough of this place.

Hi there Ana!

Amazing news! So glad to hear you had such a wonderful time at Dirty Bones! We'll make sure to pass on the message to Paul and the team.
We do hope to see you again at our Oxford or London cribs!
DB Crew x