Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford(Chipping Norton)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$107
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

Cotswolds Club Hotel, Spa & Golf(Chipping Norton)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$98
The Fox(Chipping Norton)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$144
Crown and Cushion Hotel(Chipping Norton)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$84
US$78
  • Breakfast included
Kings Arms Hotel(Chipping Norton)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$92
Premier Inn Chipping Norton Hotel(Chipping Norton)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Bell Hotel(Charlbury)(Great Value!)
US$85
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

The Forge(Churchill)
TripAdvisor
The Salford Inn(Chipping Norton)
TripAdvisor
Reviews (1 097)
1 097 results
All reviewssauna and steam roomgrounds are lovelyweekend breakblenheim palacewalk in showerwalksacrescountrysidecotswolds
9 - 14 of 1 097 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were a golf society of 24 who stayed at this resort last weekend. We were emailed just before to say that we had been upgraded to the Crown Plaza the newest part of the resort. On booking in we were given rooms on the ground floor no 054. This is the smallest hotel room I have ever seen. Two twin beds were pushed together with no room to walk round them for two grown men. We pulled a curtain aside to reveal a concrete wall and a tiny alcove with a small chair and clothes from a previous occupant.
The golf course was O.K. but poorly maintained and the buggy paths were a disgrace.
After playing golf the clubhouse has no food available. Not even a sandwich. The food in the brasserie was at best poor boil in the bag or microwaved, Most of the staff are surly or downright rude. Some have no English. For breakfast we were directed to a side room for a very poor breakfast Powdered scrambled egg etc. Second night ordered a bottle of wine and when it was poured it was not what we had ordered and the waitress was very rude about changing it, Key cards for all our rooms failed about 3 times. When I complained to reception about the state of the hotel they did not care and were very dismisive.I would not recommend this hotel to anybody.

Room Tip: do not have room on the floor with room 054. best not to go.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank iainmelrose4
HPGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

It is with regret that I read the comments of your unsatisfactory stay. I would like to discuss this further with you, please contact me on JMakai@heythroppark.co.uk

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Business trip so stayed overnight, didn't start well at reception when I was told I had no room but then it appeared. Was not a great start and seemed disorganized as the same thing happened to the personal in front of me. Room was pretty basic and does not match the exterior of the main house. Was basically tired with torn net curtain, dear flies on window and really hot (which I appreciate from other posts and replies is due to being unable to install a/c). Food was pretty poor and had I been paying for myself, i wouldn't have been happy. Breakfast, had to find staff to get coffee which took an age to come and so in general not a great stay. Shame as I was expecting so much more.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am sorry to see that you stay with us did not have the best start with our Reception Team not being able to locate your booking to begin with, I am sorry that you feel this was disorganised. I would also like to apologise that you feel our bedroom decor does not match the properties exterior. I will have out Housekeeping look at the net curtains within the rooms to ensure that any damages are repaired or replaced, I will also ensure that they are more vigilant when checking the rooms to avoid any further discoveries of dead flies in the room. I am sincerely sorry that you did find this in the room, for this I can only apologise. I do hope you informed our Reception Team so they could get the room refreshed for you. You have stated that the room was hot, we would have been more than happy to have had a Fan sent to your room to make the room more comfortable for you.

I am deeply sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I do sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to show you that you unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Absolutely loved this resort. It was one of the places we stayed as part of our tour with YMT tours. The location and staff were amazing, meals were wonderful, but the rooms were tiny! My husband and I stayed in a room on the S-wing of the resort with a large bed, 2 regular sized suit cases, there was no room to put them, and move around in the room. Not to mention no sitting area in the room, the walls were thin, we could hear the neighbor coughing next in the room next to us. Otherwise, it was beautiful. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
HPGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great news to see that you found our location to your liking and that our staff made a positive impact on your stay. I am also so pleased to see that you enjoyed the meals you had whilst with us. This said I am sorry to see that you found your room to be small and also that you could hear the neighboring room coughing, our reception team would have been more than happy to have assisted you with a room move. Despite this, I am pleased that you would consider staying with us again in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property again in the future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel is lovely, however it doesn't make up for the worse customer service and management we've ever come across.

For the management to try to charge you for 3 courses when we only had 2 and then argued the bill, is shocking. And the worse part is that he didn't even seem bothered.

The food was cold, the meat was dry and overcooked and flavourless.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa_Wiltshire
HPGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback.

I am sorry to see that you encountered an issue with regarding to billing of your meal that you had with us, I am also sorry to see that you feel our Management did not seem bothered but this issue you were facing. I apologise that your meal was not to your liking.

Despite these issues, I do hope there was some positives to your stay.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I attended Heythrop for my works summer ball. The staff on reception was extremely helpful and polite, both at check in and when checking out. The room was good sized with a king sized bed and was clean. The evening meal was good, and the main course came out hot, considering they were catering for over 200 people. Breakfast was good. Shame we weren't staying longer.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed attending your work’s Summer Ball. It is very good to hear that you found our reception staff to be polite and helpful during both your check in and check out. I am delighted you found your room to be clean and of a good size. Our Chefs will be overjoyed to know that despite catering for a large number of people, the food was hot and enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.