“What restaurant has no cool white wine?”

Chino Latino - Nottingham
Ranked #113 of 1 411 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$31 - US$57
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Nottingham Train Station
Description: Nottingham���s Chino Latino restaurant and bar is yet another indication that things are very hot up north. Set in the Park Plaza hotel, the restaurant was founded by Nobu chefs who specialise in very cool, very intriguing Japanese fusion cuisine. What���s it like? Sushi, dim sum, tempura, and grills and thrills with sharing plates. The ambience is sexy, metropolitan and sleek. You step down from the bar to a dining room of gunmetal grey, crimson and cream, with sleek modern tables and seating and big windows through which you can see and be seen. Chino Latino is a glamorous, award-winning venue for the beautiful people of Nottingham
Reviewed 24 May 2018

We visit this restaurant frequently. We were told on arrival that one of the white wines were unavailable and what the replacement was.

Ordered the replacement but told this was not sufficiently cold. Ordered another, tasting showed this was not even chilled never mind cold.

Asked what white wines were cold. A Chardonnay was produced. This may have been cold but we dislike Chardonnay.
That was the end. There was no cold white available so we left the restaurant.
No-one cared or commented. Or offered recompense.
Never experienced this anywhere, ever before.
Comments welcome.

Ike c

Date of visit: May 2018
Jeffrey O, Manager at Chino Latino - Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Hi Marian E,

I am extremely disheartened to hear of your experience and may I first of all say how sorry I am that we did not meet our usual level of service on this occasion.

I have followed up with my team and have found out that on this occasion, we had some unscheduled maintainance work which rendered most of our refrigerators redundant. Nevertheless, this should have communicated clearly and an apology along with other drink options should have been offered to you.

Once again, my sincerest apologies that we fell short of our usual excellent service. I have since reviewed this with staff and appropriate measures have been taken to ensure this does not happen again.

As a frequent diner at Chino Latino Nottingham, I am sure you will know that this is not our usual standard of service and we do hope you will give us another chance to rectify our shortcomings.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 10 May 2018

My wife and I eat at this restaurant regularly, the food is varied and always of excellent quality. On our last visit, we were served by Natalie, who not only remembered us but also our favourite wine which was that personal touch you appreciate.

Hi Tony O,

Thank you for your 5 star review. We here at Chino Latino Nottingham are very pleased your dining experience was yet again a great one.

Your kind comments have been shared with Natalie and the chefs who are also pleased you had an excellent experience.

We do hope to see you soon to try our fantastic and exciting new menu.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We went for a friends birthday and the experience was great- food was excellent, service was good and the overall price wasn’t too bad (approx £60 pp with drinks).

Worth a visit for a special occasion!

Hi 72RobB72,

Thank for your review. I am glad your dining experience made your friends birthday a great experience.

Please do visit Chino Latino Nottingham again. our chefs have added new tasty dishes to our already excellent menu which I am sure will be another great experience.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We visited the restaurant for a birthday treat for my wife as we have been to the London branch of the restaurant and loved it. The service was very good, friendly and helpful. My wife doesn't eat red meat and the waitress was happy to help us swap the various things on the tasting menu that have red meat which was nice. Everything on the menu was lovely, which was what we expected from eating in chino latino before, dessert was a nice surprise as we have previously in London only had fruit on the set menu but we got cheesecake, fondant and lots of fruit. All in all, a really lovely experience, the only improvement we would suggest is more tasting menus for 2. We like to have the tasting menu but it would be nice to have a bit more choice for next time we come.

Hello David C.

I am exceedingly pleased to read your review and on behalf of the team I’d like to thank you for your 5 star review.

I am happy to hear everything on our menu was to your expectations and you will be glad to know that since your visit, we have updated our menu and added new and exciting dishes which I am sure will be to your expectations too.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 22 April 2018

We visit quite frequently and always have the taster menu ( excellent )so we tried something different, which they did for two ( should have been for four) we added the Black Cod ( favourite)
Michelle was very attentive , nothing too much trouble , she moved us to a adjoining table as our light had gone out . Every time I thought about topping the wine up she was there ! Well done you . ... Highly recommend ...
Food excellent and so tasty ....

Hi paulmerritt2018,

Thank for your 5 star review. I am very glad you once again had an excellent experience at Chino Latino Nottingham.

Michelle has been notified of our comments as well as our chefs and they too, are very pleased you had an excellent dining experience.

We do hope to see you again very soon.