“Anniversary ”

Ranked #61 of 1 410 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$39 - US$392
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Had an outstanding meal here to celebrate my wedding anniversary. Excellent service and food was very tasty. We had the set meal and was a really nice. Would highly recommend

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

World service is up there with my favourite places to eat in the world.
The service here is always great. As is the food.
And has the most extensive drinks menu I’ve ever seen.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was extra extra special from the moment you walk in the service and attention to detail is incredible, we were all made to feel incredibly important. We ate from the fixed price menu, plenty of choice for all four at our table and by the end of the meal there had been 16 empty plates, the food was nothing short of stunning and quite possibly some of the best quality and flavours I've encountered at a restaurant, if I could award more than 5 stars I would. Would I recommend? No, as next time I'm in town I want to be able to get in hahaha, 100% the place to eat in Nottingham.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Dined today 1 July, 2018 for Sunday Lunch.
A beautiful warm day, we sat outside on comfortable seats for drinks in a nice setting.
We opted to eat in the main restaurant although we were offered an outside table.
We immediately felt that this was a totally non rushed experience.
We decided to have just 2 courses each and each chose the roast sirloin beef, the beef was very tender cut thickish, just about pink and a sunstantial portion of meat , at least 10 0z. This was served with crispy roasters,a yorkie and a bed of braised red cabbage and some rather tasty cream moose which I think was horseradish. Side dishes of steamed veg were also served to the table and a small jug of gravy which I have no doubt could have been re filled.
This was no doubt the best Sunday beef dinner I have ever eaten that I hadn't cooked.
For dessert my Mum has a poppy seed cake and a yogurt side my Uncle and I had white chocolate concoction and a sorbet.
All of the food was superb. The bill was 3 people x 2 course lunches, 2 glasses wine, 2 large bottles mineral was 3 coffees came to £110 including service charge, which I felt was good value.
I live in Nottingham City Centre and will be returnin for the a la carte, impressed

1  Thank andy186402
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

There is nothing better on a beautiful Saturday than having lunch in the garden at World Service. The food was fantastic-can recommend the crab fritter and the salmon-the rose wine delicious (thanks Ed) and service was ,as always,amazing.
Thanks to John,Ed and Louise for a perfect afternoon.