“Poor Fake Customer Service Overpriced.”
Review of Alley Cafe Bar

Alley Cafe Bar
Ranked #78 of 1 410 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Today myself and my mother 2 sisters and nephew visited this place. My family are vegetarian/vegan so when we meet these are the type of places we go to. Which is fine my by me very happy to try a veggie friendly! I’ve now been to a couple of different places with my fam and this is by far the worst. I can’t really comment on the food it was fine for meat free. What I can comment on though is the fact that my nephew who is 3 suffers with autism. A very common disorder these days and unfortunately the 1 staff member who was serving seemed very displeased we had decided to dine here! I myself have worked in various customer facing roles and I understand that not every customer is easy but as a business you should be welcoming to EVERYONE not just when it suits you. My nephew finds it hard to wait and sit still we manage to distract him with peter rabbit/fireman Sam on our phones while our food is cooking. Unfortunately this doesn’t last long and he likes to wander and see what’s going on and sometimes likes to show he doesn’t like or he does like something vocally. Being used to eye rolls from bystanders but not use to eye rolls from staff!!! I even over heard the lady working apologising to other customers for his behaviour! I was honestly disgusted. If you don’t want children or children with difficulties dining in your cafe you should let people know. I will not be recommending this place to anyone I know. I honestly am appalled at the reaction from the waitress and won’t be dining here again. Perhaps a few lessons in empathy, patience, understanding AND customer service are in need.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Danielle H

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Had lunch at this great little hideaway today with my daughter - she enjoyed the veggie, and I the vegan food options- it was all delicious and fresh food plus staff were fab. We left totally satisfied- also vegan warm cookie was lush ! Not to be missed when visiting town again ;0)

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Big shame, use to Alley Cafe been known for friendly staff and nice atmosfere, but unfortunately I can't say that anymore -me and my friends, we received very bad treatment from the staff last night. The only thing I can say that food is as good as it always been, but you still get an stomach pain if the staff subject you to passive aggression :(.

Thank Gabriela Halszk... R
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

The guy who served us could barely mumble. The food is uninspired, unoriginal and pretty boring. The tables were sticky. Milkshakes are like slushies. The furniture is uncomfortable. The decor is in need of refreshing.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

The price is fair. Fair compared to paying high street prices as a vegan/vegetarian.
Food is average
Service is average
But that's what makes it good...it's a relaxing and calming environment
Waiting times are a little too long but it's a small place with most likely a small kitchen
Wouldn't go with a large crowd of people but lunch with a friend is just right