“Late late late drinks - exactly what we were looking for”
Review of Brass Monkey

Brass Monkey
Ranked #73 of 145 Nightlife in Nottingham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Just when we thought we were out of luck for one last place before the end of the night we came upon the Brass Monkey, and it was exactly what we needed. The musc - throw back songs in the best possible way from the mid 2000s, both rock/metal and some dance and RnB. We were pretty straightforward on the drinks but the cocktails looked good and the service was spot on.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I was horrified when I visited Brass Monkey and was met with a total lack of respect as someone from armed forces. It seemed like an inconvenience to them and I couldn't believe that this is what the world wants.

David D, General Manager at Brass Monkey, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

This review makes no sense, and I'm pretty sure I remember you. You weren't allowed in, because it's the hospitality industry ONLY after a certain time. This has been the rule for quite a while, and even after the doorman, and myself, explaining to to several times, you still couldn't understand. And then your mate decided to kick off at me and was getting aggressive, there's another reason why I'm glad we refused you two entry. Next time be a bit more descriptive with your review, it seems you are with all your others. I can only assume that you wrote this after you had left, and were too inebriated to make any sense. Good day to you sir x

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Always worth the visit. A cool bar for a nigh-time visit. Great selection of drinks especially shots and spirits. Great staff and atmosphere.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

WOW!!
We were in Nottingham for our date night 153 Friday date nights..sad I hear you sigh
Anyway..
We did and we are at Georges English Kitchen which was sublime.. But then... wait for it, we asked our amazing host for the night Mathew if he could suggest anywhere suitable to our tastes and wish of non commercialism for a nice selection for a good tipple of a rum.
And with deep thought and obviously assessing our wishes he suggests this cool place about 10minute walk away.
I have just got sciatica and I was not really that fussed to hobble 10 seconds never mind minutes!
In arrival, amazing friendly welcome. The offer of the roof terrace... was just a perfect end. Though it was just the start.. as the terrace closed we sat at the bar and had an absolutely fantastic time!
What a team!
So individial. So friendly. So passionate and just bloomin marvellous!!
Great selection of drinks.. looking at getting our Daughter a cocktail making class there too!!

The Best Bar Team we have ever had the privilege of hosting us so amazingly as they did!!

Not even questionable that we will be back!

All the best.
Lisa & Rich

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

The owner/manager threw us out, after we'd just bought full pints, because one of our party blew out a candle, that's literally it. He obviously has some massive ego problem, because we tried to humble ourselves and apologise but he grabbed our drinks off us and called the bouncers over. Even the bouncers thought it was ridiculous. But whatever, won't be going back, and I advise you don't. Only saving grace was the bouncers were really polite, but I'm pretty sure they're agency anyway.

4  Thank Tomas M
David D, General Manager at Brass Monkey, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Ah yes, I remember you. You and your friend decided to blow out an entire row of candles. The thing with this bar, if you act like a child, you will be treated like a child and have your toys (beers) taken away from you and put on the naughty step (outside)

It may sound petty, but have some respect for the venue you are visiting. I wouldn't come to where you work (you're a games designer right?) and start acting up, as that would be uncalled for.

As for my ego? If me chucking you two out for acting like twits, then yes I do have a "massive ego" problem