“The BEST bar we've been to in ages... and we find them all...”
Review of Brass Monkey

Brass Monkey
Ranked #73 of 145 Nightlife in Nottingham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

WOW!!
We were in Nottingham for our date night 153 Friday date nights..sad I hear you sigh
Anyway..
We did and we are at Georges English Kitchen which was sublime.. But then... wait for it, we asked our amazing host for the night Mathew if he could suggest anywhere suitable to our tastes and wish of non commercialism for a nice selection for a good tipple of a rum.
And with deep thought and obviously assessing our wishes he suggests this cool place about 10minute walk away.
I have just got sciatica and I was not really that fussed to hobble 10 seconds never mind minutes!
In arrival, amazing friendly welcome. The offer of the roof terrace... was just a perfect end. Though it was just the start.. as the terrace closed we sat at the bar and had an absolutely fantastic time!
What a team!
So individial. So friendly. So passionate and just bloomin marvellous!!
Great selection of drinks.. looking at getting our Daughter a cocktail making class there too!!

The Best Bar Team we have ever had the privilege of hosting us so amazingly as they did!!

Not even questionable that we will be back!

All the best.
Lisa & Rich

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

The owner/manager threw us out, after we'd just bought full pints, because one of our party blew out a candle, that's literally it. He obviously has some massive ego problem, because we tried to humble ourselves and apologise but he grabbed our drinks off us and called the bouncers over. Even the bouncers thought it was ridiculous. But whatever, won't be going back, and I advise you don't. Only saving grace was the bouncers were really polite, but I'm pretty sure they're agency anyway.

4  Thank Tomas M
David D, General Manager at Brass Monkey, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Ah yes, I remember you. You and your friend decided to blow out an entire row of candles. The thing with this bar, if you act like a child, you will be treated like a child and have your toys (beers) taken away from you and put on the naughty step (outside)

It may sound petty, but have some respect for the venue you are visiting. I wouldn't come to where you work (you're a games designer right?) and start acting up, as that would be uncalled for.

As for my ego? If me chucking you two out for acting like twits, then yes I do have a "massive ego" problem

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Good service from all staff, really friendly!! Good beer on tap. Great value for money on cocktails. It's also really good, it's open really late! I would recommend to friends and family!!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

even though there was no one in there was still a great feel as it was early when we went in. well decorated. barman was very friendly and helpful. we will go back when next in area

1  Thank PJLOCKW