“Honestly don't bother”

Ranked #73 of 145 Nightlife in Nottingham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

The owner/manager threw us out, after we'd just bought full pints, because one of our party blew out a candle, that's literally it. He obviously has some massive ego problem, because we tried to humble ourselves and apologise but he grabbed our drinks off us and called the bouncers over. Even the bouncers thought it was ridiculous. But whatever, won't be going back, and I advise you don't. Only saving grace was the bouncers were really polite, but I'm pretty sure they're agency anyway.

4  Thank Tomas M
David D, General Manager at Brass Monkey, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Ah yes, I remember you. You and your friend decided to blow out an entire row of candles. The thing with this bar, if you act like a child, you will be treated like a child and have your toys (beers) taken away from you and put on the naughty step (outside)

It may sound petty, but have some respect for the venue you are visiting. I wouldn't come to where you work (you're a games designer right?) and start acting up, as that would be uncalled for.

As for my ego? If me chucking you two out for acting like twits, then yes I do have a "massive ego" problem

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Good service from all staff, really friendly!! Good beer on tap. Great value for money on cocktails. It's also really good, it's open really late! I would recommend to friends and family!!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

even though there was no one in there was still a great feel as it was early when we went in. well decorated. barman was very friendly and helpful. we will go back when next in area

1  Thank PJLOCKW
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

This is one of the few places in Nottingham which is open until 4 in the morning. Decent cocktails and music.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Visited Sunday 11pm, bar was reasonably quiet which gave us a bit of chill time & a few beers.
Nice atmosphere & after reading other reviews they must have sorted their staff problems as bar staff were nice & polite..

All in all, a thumbs up

If my review is helpful please hit the 'LIKE' button as it's always nice to get feedback