“Lovely restaurant ”

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #370 of 1 387 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Went here with some friends for a birthday celebration. The staff were so lovely and treated us so nicely. They even gave us birthday cake at the end!

The food was delicious and arrived promptly, my only criticism is that it’s a little bit expensive but they do great lunch time deals.

Jamie's Italian R, Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Thanks for your review IB02. I'm really pleased to hear that you had a lovely time with us and made the most of the lunch time favourites menu. We hope that we see you again soon

Write a ReviewReviews (2 623)

83 - 87 of 2 623 reviews

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

First time here and we were shocked at how large the outdoor area is - loadsa space. All staff were friendly and helpful and polite. Our food was amazing and so authentic - I loved the polenta chips and the super green burger. We had a £25 off voucher to spend so it came to quite a cheap lunch. We definitely want to come back with a group of mates next time!

Jamie's Italian R, Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thanks for your lovely review - we're really pleased that you made the most out of our lovely sunny garden! I'll be sure to pass your lovely feedback on to our team who will all be thrilled. We look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed 22 June 2018

we were still hungry when we got home I had the salmon but there was hardly any salmon plenty of peas, my husband had pork same again not much meat in it.

1  Thank deniseshepherd51

Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your food - I'd love to have a chat with you about your visit if possible, if you'd be able to send me your details to nottingham@jamiesitalian.com that would be great.
Many thanks

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

In short, yes it's very good. I took my partner here for our anniversary as we're both big fans of Jamie Oliver. We arrived and from the outside it is quite understated and yet visible enough to draw attention from passers by. We were greeted almost as soon as we had walked through the doors by a very friendly member of staff who once we had told him our booking asked if we'd prefer to sit inside or outside. Inside the restaurant was just as quaint as the outside yet maintained a cosy and rustic feel to the decor.
The menu was very straight forward and well presented with a brief overview of the dishes and the prices with any vegetarian options listed. The waiting staff were absolutely brilliant and promptly asked if we'd like a drink and knew what the specials of the day were. The food came quickly after ordering and the starters were phenomenal. I had Italian nachos which were fried four cheese ravioli with a spicy arabiata sauce, not too spicy and the saltiness of the cheese really came through but wasn't overbearing. My partner had crispy squid which was perfectly cooked as sometimes it can be over cooked like chewing on rubber, beautifully seasoned and generous portion sizes.
For mains I had a steak which was cooked to perfection and was the best tasting steak I've ever eaten, incredible char on the outside and beautifully pink in the middle making for a deliciously tender piece of beef. Served with fresh rocket, a drizzle of olive oil and cherry tomatoes which had been roasted but plunged into ice water which played with my senses as I was expecting hot tomatoes but it was a refreshing change which altered my perception and it broke through the warm steak. My partner had a classic carbonara and as you'd expect it was creamy elegant and beautifully seasoned.
Desert consisted of afogato for myself and a chocolate brownie for my partner. Given the fact that it's a tv chefs restaurant I was expecting the bill to be closer to triple figures but was over the moon with the actual price which was half of what I expected.
Overall I would highly recommend going for all occasions as it's a little bit of luxury for a fraction of the price

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Visited Jamie's Italian as an anniversary meal with my partner, and was very excited. I'm a fan of Jamie Oliver as a chef, so couldn't wait to try out one of his restaurants. The staff were friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived.
We ordered off the "Jamie's Favourites" set menu, and were not disappointed with the quality of our dishes. I ordered crispy squid, carbonara and chocolate brownie whereas my partner ordered fried ravioli, steak and affogato. The dishes tasted phenomenal for such a low price (£14.95 each for 3 courses).
The building itself was stunning. Beautifully quaint and cosy decor with the customer toilets downstairs in the cellar in the old tunnel system (however the disabled toilet is on ground floor). Highly recommend Jamie's Italian and could not fault a thing.