“Fantastic roast!!”

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #367 of 1 346 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just got home from our visit to Jamie's Italian. Absolutely fantastic. The food and service are second to none here. I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough. Greeted at the door and promplty seated. Drinks were ordered we were given appetizers on the house. We ordered a bread board and nachos to start, both were delicious. Kids pizza went down a storm to even our fussy eater of a son. Then the roasts, wow. I had chicken my wife had the nut roast. Ive never tasted chicken like it before absolutly gorgeous, great selection of veg and potatoes too. We will be returning hopefully sooner rather than later.

Jamie's Italian R, Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for much for your lovely review. Great to hear that you enjoyed your whole visit to us - we're pretty proud of our roasts too.
We look forward to seeing you again very soon

Write a ReviewReviews (2 504)

12 - 16 of 2 504 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

To be honest Jamie's is just an expensive pizza chain. The menu used to be good, but now it's a bit average.
Downstairs is better than any of the upstairs rooms with regards to atmosphere, but it's not worth the extra money for an average meal.

Thanks for your review sorry to hear that you found your food to be average. If you'd like to have a chat about your visit to us please feel free to send me your details to nottingham@jamiesitalian.com

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First time visit to any Jamie's Italian (Nottingham) last Friday with my wife, 5yo and 3 yo. The restaurant wasn't busy as we were first through the door as it opened at 1200. We were welcomed and shown to an upstairs table straight away. The staff were friendly and polite although the service had a couple of basic mistakes (one wrong order, one failure to return with a dessert menu meaning that we ran out of time, paid up and left). This was disappointing, given that the restaurant wasn't that busy, but forgivable. The food was pretty average (wife's and daughter's satisfactory, my pizza was swimming in tomato sauce and therefore sloppy, my son's burger meat was very dry (confirmed by me). Again, this was disappointing but forgivable.
The main point however is that the cutlery and glassware were dirty; literally every item had at least got water marks on them (again, just about forgivable), but some items were absolutely disgusting. I sent back my son's knife as it was caked in food debris from a previous user, but didn't bother with my wife's lipstick-marked wine glass or the jug of water, which was literally filthy- covered in finger marks, debris baked on inside and out from the dishwasher, leaving the water looking murky and undrinkable. This all left a pretty unfavourable first/last impression of this restaurant, resulting in me not leaving a tip in a restaurant for the first time I can ever remember.

Thanks for your review, sorry to hear that things weren't right for you when you came. I'd love to have a chat with you about your visit if possible - if you'd be able to send me your details to nottingham@jamiesitalian.com that would be great.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nottingham was absolutely heaving, so Jamies may be excused late service. Wasn't looking forward to Italian, however we had a full yummy SundayRoast lunch, very resonably priced. They did compensate us,with free drinks, as the chaps were late for the Football match and missed their pudding. Mums had free pudding and glass of prosecco. Really made up for the wait and really enjoyed our meal

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a lovely reivew. Glad you enjoyed your visit to us especially the Sunday Roast. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve visited this particular Jamie’s in he past and also been to Jamie’s Italians in other cities. This was by far the worst visit.

The menu choices were pretty dull and run of the mill. I chose to have one of the specials but when it arrived it was far from special. The crushes new potatoes if pieced back together would have equalled two or three at the most. The sea bass was a little dry and over cooked, what the waitress had failed to tell me, and also missing from the special board description was the shellfish! Pretty vital ingredient when there are so many people allergic to shellfish, being pregnant I was a little nervous but the waitress checked with the manager who said it was fine but I wasn’t convinced.

Dessert was just as dull and could have easily been served by any chain restaurant. I opted for the ice cream but my first choices weren’t available and the optional popcorn sprinkles equalled 3 pieces! Bit of an anticlimax!

We visited prior to a concert at the arena so pleased to see service was quick. Waitress was lovely and very polite which was nice.

Doubt we will return in a hurry, menu really needs to improve before we do.

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry that you didn't find much you fancied on the menu. I'm also concerned that the waitress isn't describing our specials properly - are you able to get in touch with me so we can have a chat about your visit?
You can send your details to nottingham@jamiesitalian.com