“Awful”

Ranked #251 of 1 385 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family dining with a fresh carvery, homemade cakes, full bar and menu.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Never had such disgusting food, dried up black carrots, burnt roast, rock hard puddings, mash like glue, burnt stuffing, mushy broccoli.

1  Thank Elaine T
Christopher B, Guest Relations Manager at Riverside Farm, Dining & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Hi,

i have been informed that Chris has spoken to you regarding your experience in the restaurant.

Again please let me apologies for your visit.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Hi.

Came this evening 28th June 2018 after booking for a party of 18 including two high chairs. On booking I asked for one table and was told that wasn’t a problem. After arriving this evening, we found that there wasn’t any high chairs and the table couldn’t accommodate 18. I raised this issue with a member of staff who told me because we wanted one table that was all they could fit. If you couldn’t fit 18 on a table why not tell us at the time of booking? I could have taken my party of 18 to another venue who could accommodate this. I received the high chairs after asking and had to squeeze 6 members of my family into a table of 4 space! Not helpful.

The food...the beef was dried up, I asked for a new joint and the new joint was bought. The carrots were black, I asked for new carrots and none ever arrived. The Yorkshire puddings were rock hard. The mash was inedible. The broccoli was mush. Gravy was like water. The potatoes were also black. Again, not great.

The server came over to ask if everything was okay, I politely told him the issues and his response ‘I’ll give the chef a slap on the wrist’ really helpful for my party of 18 who has spent good money there tonight. After that comment he never even returned to even collect the rest of the plates!

Poor service. Horrendous food.

We won’t be returning.

Hi,

i believe the General manager has contacted you regarding your visit and has action ed the issues above accordingly.

Please again accept our apologies for the service you received on this night.

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Myself, Husband,Father in law and children came for a meal together on Monday. It felt very welcoming and the staff were attentive from the off particularly a young gentleman called Andy lovely manners and also had a good knowledge of the menu and also alternatives for my vegan father in law! Food was very enjoyable and arrived promptly with a smile! Will be back!

Christopher B, Guest Relations Manager at Riverside Farm, Dining & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your review, i will pass your feedback on to Andy who i know will be delighted by your comments.

Myself, Andy and all the team look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Decided to have dinner here as staying in Travelodge next door. Pleasant atmosphere, though surprisingly empty of patrons. No problems ordering, good choice offered, prices good, intrigued by the cakeaway service but didn't take it up after my meal.

Ordered prawn cocktail starter and beef lasagne. Prawn cocktail looked lovely, very awkward to eat as whole lettuce leaves (mini gem, I think) arranged in a sundae glass with prawns in centre. Something was lacking - the sauce was watery and didn't have the bite I associate with Marie Rose sauce.

Lasagne looked nice when it arrived, but again was just slightly dull and lacking - honestly it tasted like a frozen lasagne from a value range. Cheese was again oddly watery, and there were burnt lumps at bottom of dish. Ciabatta arrived burnt.

I planned to have breakfast here the next day, but changed my mind.

Staff were pleasant and quick to clear tables and serve customers, but I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for a meal out.

Hi,

Firstly i am happy to hear you found our staff were pleasant and efficient.

secondly i am sorry you didn't enjoy the quality of food you were delivered please except my apology and i hope you will be back soon for a more positive meal.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the travelodge next door. They recommend that I try the carvery from here. I must say it is one of the best carvery I have tasted and I have tasted quite a few. The staff there are brilliant aswell they were smiling all round and they were always on hand to help. I will definitely be returning here.

Hi,

Thank you for your positive feedback myself and the team are all really happy we have been able to provide you with such a great experience.

we hope to see you again soon.