“What’s a title? What do you mean?”
Review of NURSERYMAN

NURSERYMAN
Ranked #218 of 1 361 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tel: 0115 9170021
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Abbie only served me a drink but the service was great she took the time to speak to me and make my short visit one to remember! The Diet Coke is one I’ll never forget thanks Abbie

825MatthewD, gki at NURSERYMAN, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you i'll make sure Abbie knows you enjoyed her company and i'm happy my staff are looking after everybody even if its for a drink.
Many Thanks

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Turned up for breakfast yesterday with friends and the children. Was greeted by Emma who was lovely towards all of us and made us feel welcome and helped us to play garden with pushchairs. Even got the dog a big bucket of ice water. I Had the big breakfast which is as stated lol. And kids had a children’s breakfast. My friends had veggie breakfast and eggs royale which was lovely too.

825MatthewD, gki at NURSERYMAN, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for the lovely comments. We are so glad you a lovely time in the garden with your Friends and children
The breakfasts are really big too and delicious. Hope too see you again and i'll pass on your comments to the staff from that day

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It's obviously clear from several reviews during June this establishment is doing something wrong.

We called in on a Friday evening for drinks only, when I arrived at the bar I was surprised that there was only one person serving on a Friday evening!

There appeared to be several choices of larger to choose from, wrong as they hadn't bothered to cover up the San Miguel pump due to it running out. I asked the barmaid / manager while I'm making my mind up on what other choice of lager i can have, can my Wife have a glass of Prosecco, no came the answer, because that also had ran out!!!

What a complete sham, what pub runs out of two popular drinks prior to a weekend starting, stock take!!

The customer service or lack of it speaks volumes why this establishment is now picking up more and more poor reviews.

I am a regular TripAdvisor reviewer, so my review is purely based on lack of thought for the paying customer.

How a pub situated on one of the busiest Roads in Nottingham can let their standards and stock control slip so is shocking and questionable.

825MatthewD, gki at NURSERYMAN, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I'm sorry you had a bad visit 2 Friday's ago as the weather has obviously been very hot and the demand on drinks have been crazy.
we had not accounted for the amount of San Miguel or Prosecco being sold as these are not the best sellers we have even though we have fizz Friday. We don't cover pumps we just tell our customers what we have and don't have. As from this we have ordered more wines and lagers due the lovely sunshine we are now having.
Yet again many apologies

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Staying in Beeston for a course at the university campus and the Nurseryman was within walking distance of our accomodation. To be honest our experience was mixed but with a few tweaks could be vastly improved. As we arrived a waitress walked past us..no smile,no greeting ,no acknowledgement at all.Lady behind the bar called for a member of staff to attend to us. Waitress who took our order was lovely and friendly,others a little off hand. My drink was served in a glass straight out of the dishwasher..covered in water marks.We opted for the Indian platter..one chicken,one vegetarian..the food was out in less than ten minutes after ordering so you know its microwaved..and it was just warm..tasted pretty good but not heated through enough.
The Nurseryman isnt a bad pub and a addressing a few issues would easily improve things..staff training...so that all front line staff are welcoming and friendly,not just the odd one.A bar manager would never let glasses in watermarks be sent out to tables.Checking the temperature of the food to ensure its piping hot before it leaves the kitchen.
Get a strong and experienced manager in and things can easily be turned around before you lose to many customers.

1  Thank alison l
825MatthewD, gki at NURSERYMAN, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi, I'm so sorry that you had a mix reaction to your meal and our staff . I can assure you that they all will be a staff meeting to make sure this doesn't happen again. The staff are very nice and polite but obviously on this occasion there was some kind of issue with one off them as this is not how we are here.
As for the meal I will talk to the kitchen and make sure the temperatures are correct and if there are any issues with certain products. This will help with improvements. And as for the dirty glass you received I'm truly sorry. The standards I try to up keep is if it was me would I like it. Please don't be worried to speak out at the tables as issues can be fixed there and then so we can make the dining experience better and improve situations we may have missed. As we all do our best to make sure every customer is happy from start to end. Please feel free to call us and as to speak to Emma if you have any other problems she will be happy to talk and sort things out for you to have a better time when you come again.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

5 of us visited on a calm Tuesday evening for a chilled out birthday meal for my father. Waitress was very cold toward us, most things we asked was an inconvenience. Managers had to regularly come over and intervene. The only vegan main course and starter on the menu wasn't available forcing us to order a jacket potato, side salad and chips. Lemonade and lime cost us £4.15. Golden hen cost more than advertised (£2.50 Tuesday?)

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
1  Thank Nathan R
Gareth E, Manager at NURSERYMAN, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

The offer on the Golden Years is automatic on the till. I'm so sorry you had a bad experience. Unfortunately some delivery didn't turn up.
Please call and ask for Emma and she will be happy to talk to you. And I'm so sorry for your bad experience this is not how we run this pub we are in the middle of some changes at this moment in time.