“Rubbish”

Just the Tonic Comedy Club
Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Go here quite regularly but tonight we were very dissapointed,the venue is always freezing so I spent the evening wearing my coat and scarf. We now know why tickets were only £3 because the comedians were soooo not funny even the compere Jason manfords brother spent his time just asking names,ages,jobs etc BORING. The beer on tap has also gone so its only bottles or cans £££££££££

2  Thank Ruth J

Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

Went to see Johnny Vegas on my third visit to JustTheTonic and just like the first two times was great, the only downsides were having to wait 15 minutes after the doors were supposed to open and me and the Mrs decided not to wear coats because we planned on staying after the show when the nightclub opened, and once inside we were cold, it was our own fault really, as I was expecting it to be as warm as it is when the nightclub opens, we also expected to be allowed to stay for when the nightclub opened but we're told to leave, I'm sure there was a normal explanation for it but we just went to a few vars instead, on the plus side the comedians were funny as always and people talking at the bar were dealt with by the compere, also Johnny stayed afterwards to have photos with his fans which deffinately made our night!

I'd deffinately recommend JustTheTonic to anybody looking for a fun evening, great ticket prices and drink prices are the same as any other pub/bar in the city.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

First visit to this club as we had tickets for Johnny Vegas. Show started just after 7 and was impressed the owner had taken the time to senf 2 emails to make sure word was out the show was starting earlier than normal to ensure everyone arrived on time. Seats were already set out and you sat where you wanted, we went with the 3rd from the front and had a fantastic view.
The 2 support acts (Boy with tape on is face and Leo (can't remember his surname) were both very funny as well as Darrell the compere who also runs the club. Fair play to him too for shouting out to the ones at the back talking all the way through the acts.
Johnny Vegas as expected was very funny and put on a great performance.
Excellent value for money.

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

I've been a couple of times, most recently to see Johnny Vegas who was fantastic.

Each visit was brilliant and for the quality of the comedians its really good value, plus as its not the atmosphere is good.