“Clean, reliable and costa”
Review of Costa

Costa
Ranked #29 of 31 Coffee & Tea in Northampton
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Just a normal experience at costa. Pastry was fresh and coffee to a good standard. Same staff as last trip. Friendly and professional.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

I was given our drinks and was about to sit down when the barista asked me to wait for my toast. In every other Costa I have been to they bring you your food once it is ready. I was given two portions of toast on one plate with two knives. When I asked for a second plate the women looked at me like I had two heads! As another reviewer said, there was no saucer with the hot chocolate, not that this is really needed but you usually get one in Costa. It was 9.10am so the store hadn't been open long yet the arm chair my daughter sat on was really dirty.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Very shocked when on recent visit to find that no longer supplying newspaper to read! (Most of there competitors do) And it even gets better that no longer doing a saucer and tissue which I always use having my lovely blueberry muffin and then to add even more insult can't log in to complain because am told by staff there have problems with their system but will add have been trying every day for last seven day's even by tried changing my password! Come on Costa stop penny pinching and get your act together and you have to remember customer service is very important!

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Surprise Surprise when I visited today I noticed the blueberry muffins had changed and they look more appealing and good filling and taste was good!

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

There was a time when customers visiting this Costa could expect friendly service and a good coffee in a relaxed and convivial setting. That combination made it the go to place in northampton.

Sadly this is no longer true. We spent 10 minutes - no queue - waiting to place our order. Coffee -less we left and went elsewhere. That experience was disappointing but we assumed it was a one off (we all have bad days). On our second visit a few days later we experienced equally poor service and again left to find out coffee and snack elsewhere. Our third visit was our final one because we again experienced poor and rude service and left without purchasing anything.

Costa's dramatic decline has motivated us to venture elsewhere and try alternatives.

Costa needs to review its customer service and menu options to avoid further decline. The combination of offhand service and processed fatty foods/ high sugar snacks are no longer good enough.