“Interesting place to browse”

Vintage Retreat Tea Rooms
Ranked #139 of 563 Restaurants in Northampton
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I visited the Vintage Retreat before attending my grandchildren's birthday party. They have an excellent coffee shop, and the emporium itself is very interesting to browse and possibly buy collectibles.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Fab place to go to for a few hours during which time, not only can you treat yourself to some great food and drink but you can take the opportunity to browse the stands of dozens of antique and collectable dealers who's wares are as varied as you can imagine from thimbles to doors and from the amazing array of vintage clothes to hundreds of wonderful old vinyls!. A "must go to" place but put a padlock on your wallet because theres a lot there to tempt you into opening it

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

One of our favourite places as we love the antiques which are so reasonably priced and there is something for everyone.
We have visited the cafe several times now but on our recent visit as a treat for our vegan daughter, it was very disappointing.
We placed our order and then it got very busy and we waited over half an hour for each persons food to be served at intervals so that none of us actually ate together. For such a popular place they really need to extend their work force , systems and parking as parking is a nightmare.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I love visiting this place as there's so much to see, great curios and vintage clothing, I also love visiting the cafe, on my last visit (Sunday 4th) the cafe was particularly busy and there only seemed to be one girl taking orders and serving, this meant a very long wait for my order, when I did get served, the service was excellent and the girl serving was very friendly and and taking/making orders as fast as she could but seemed run off her feet, I even offered to help when we did get our food it was lovely as usual, overall it was a great visit if a lot longer than originally planned.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Such a clean & smart cafe/restaurant... gleaming cutlery.... no sign of a sticky table... such high standards... immaculate... excellent.
As well as that the food is fantastic....imaginative & comprehensive menu that includes conventional favourites too....really tasty & all presented well,
Staff smart & with extremely high standards.
Such a pleasure to call here.