“Great Pub Food”

Ranked #84 of 594 Restaurants in Northampton
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Post code NN6 9PN
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I have visited many times, as this is convenient halfway meeting point for a friend and I between northampton and corby. I have never had a bad meal here - great pub food. Most recent visit I had gammon, chips, mushrooms, egg & pineapple, my friend had rump steak. Both main courses were fab. Coleslaw here is lovely, really creamy. Desserts are very good too - reasonably priced and a decent size too - we had creme brulee and baileys cheesecake. I recommend to book, as not many tables and very popular with locals. Tuesday is two for one I think too. Lots of good choices on menu and some specials but not fussy food - simple, good food done well.

1  Thank monkeychops28

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Enjoyed a two course lunch with a group - starter and main or main and pud. Only one vegetarian option though on lunch menu: omelette. Portions fine, not too large.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

4 adults and 1 child 11, ordered our food very polite. Food was lovely and very attentive to the child and her food.
Service was very good food good.
Will definitely go again

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Chose this pub for a family birthday meal after receiving lots of recommendations. Great village pub. Food was great. Proper wholesome pub grub, everybody was impressed with the quality and quantity. Great selection of beer which is always essential. Staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. The warmth from the open fires also added to the atmosphere of the place. Would highly recommend and will return soon.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

A friend and myself went for Sunday lunch. We reserved a table and was seated immediately. We had the 2 course meal. The food was lovely, cooked well and nice and hot. I would recommend this pub.