“Perfect getaway”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Lendal Tower

Lendal Tower
The stunning four-poster bed located in the master bedroom Master bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lendal Tower
The stunning four-poster bed located in the master bedroom
Luxury Roll Top Copper Bath
The Tower in the snow
The Tower in the snow II
Visit England 5 Star Grading
Visit England Gold Award Winning
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Sho37
“Perfect getaway ”
Reviewed 15 May 2015 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

We had a girls wk end away & must say I was impressed at Lendal Tower it's spacious & lovely, the view from the roof top is amazing & there's so much to do in York it's the perfect getaway.

17 May 2015
Thank you very much for your kind review, we are delighted to hear that you had such an excellent weekend with your friends. It is great to read that you enjoyed the Tower so much and in particular that you found the roof terrace to be fantastic.

We would be thrilled to accommodate you again in future if you are ever looking to re-visit York.

All the best,

Mike
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
15 Apr 2015
Thank you so much for your kind words. We're delighted to hear you had such a great time in York and were able to make full use of all the facilities at the Tower.
It has been our pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to welcome you back to the Tower soon.

Farrierre...
“As good as it gets.”
Reviewed 4 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

Amazing place to stay. Historic castle, centrally placed with perfect river views. Greater luxury than a 5 star hotel.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
7 Apr 2015
I am delighted to hear that you had such a great time. Thank you for your kind words and we hope to welcome you back to the Tower in the future.

Tracy B
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed 4 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015

This was a fantastic holiday my Daughter had her 16th birthday and my Husband had his 50th birthday . It was magical . We are absolutely going to book next year. The best holiday we have ever had and we have been on many.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole experience of being in Lendal Tower .Fantastic
Liked least: There is nothing to comment on this as it was all superb !!!
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
5 Mar 2015
Thank you for your kind words. I'm delighted to hear you had such a great stay at the Tower. I hope your daughter and husband enjoyed their birthday celebrations and we would be more than happy to welcome you back in the future.

Nathan
Rio725
Los Angeles, California
“We chose the best place to stay in York!”
Reviewed 11 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

This was my first time renting a Holiday Cottage verse staying at a hotel. Mike replied to my emails and questions right away. I was impressed, so I booked a 5 night stay for 4 friends. Mike and Nathan met us on arrival and gave us a complete tour of our medieval Tower. I stayed in the master bedroom with the amazing bathtub/jacuzzi. My Mom had the bedroom under me, which is probably the best room in the house. Our friend Tom stayed in the mezzanine bedroom and our 4th friend stayed in the living room and slept on the pull out sofa. We loved staying here! We were enveloped with not only the history inside of our Tower, but by the outside city as well. From our rooftop you are so close to the ruins of St Mary's Abbey. You could just picture Henry VIII's men tearing it down because of his dissolution of the monastaries. Look up hill and there is York Minster. The other side is the Roman Wall and of course River Ouse. The only negative, wifi is shotty, due to the old stone walls. My mom was able to sign on to York's free city wifi from her room. Other reviewers mentioned street noise. Yes, you will hear the geese and pub crawlers, but being a compact city, I believe no matter where you stay, you will not avoid that. Recommendations....The Perky Peacock coffee shop right across the tower on the other side of the river. We also had an amazing dinner at The Star Inn in the City right next door. The train station is just across the bridge. Everything is in walking distance. We also rented a car one day by the train station and did an easy day trip to Wakefield and visted Pontefract and Sandal Castles. This, in my opinion, is the only place to stay if you're going to visit York.

Travelling group: Friends
12 Feb 2015
Many thanks for your kind words regarding the Tower and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the experience of both the Tower and York itself. I am also especially pleased that you had such a great first experience of staying in a self-catering property.

I also appreciate your comments regarding the wifi and outside noise levels. We will look into the possibility of signal extenders to try increase the wifi coverage and as you will have noticed, we have had secondary glazing installed to top two floor bedrooms and will look to expand this to the lower floors when we can to further reduce noise levels.

Once again thank you for your fantastic review and I sincerely hope we can welcome you back to Lendal Tower in the future.

Best Regards,

Mike & Nathan
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing