“Brunch before a trip to Whitby”
Review of Highwayman Cafe

Highwayman Cafe
Ranked #398 of 1 001 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: British
Description: Friendly cafe serving traditional food & home made soup & cakes. A different home made special every day. Takeaway is also available.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We decided to have brunch on our way go Whitby and so checked the reviews. Easy go find and had a separate car park or you could park in the layby. This is a proper brick built cafe not a caravan in a layby...just so you know what to look out for.
Signs on the grass verges of the car park state no dogs.....purely meant to keep area tidy we believe. There is a Take away counter where you can order. Alternatively, go inside and order from the counter and sit inside or in the garden seating area. Inside it is clean and well presented, Easy to get around the tables and chairs. We ordered the small full English for £6.50 this included sausage, bacon, egg, mushrooms, beans, tinned tomatoes and black pudding or hash brown. Also included in the price is bread and butter and tea or coffee. You have an option to go large for extra £1 to get an extra sausage and extra bacon.
We found all the staff friendly and professional and our food arrived freshly cooked and hot. Highly recommend and will be calling in again for breakfast on our way home from our holiday.
Other breakfast options are also available as well as a selection of other meals.
Toilets on site are outside in the car park, you get a token from the counter to get access....toilet block is clean and presentable.
There is also an ice cream hut by the entrance to the car park, recently opened but wasn't open during our visit that particular day.

1  Thank Charliechalk66

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped off on way to Scarborough and you always get good food and drinks in clean surroundings and today was no different delicious breakfast and hot drinks couldn’t fault it and was spotlessly clean.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

On returning from Whitby we stopped for our breakfast, one small, one big breakfast. Another well cooked and very tasty. Sat outside in the sunshine. Staff very very friendly. Would recommend. Will visit again...

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

I can not believe this place gets bad reviews, I call here every morning on my way home to Scarborough after working night shift in Leeds. The staff are friendly and polite, the food is tasty and freshly cooked (so occasionally you have to wait but that’s no hardship) the coffee is delicious and helps to keep me awake.
They provide free toilet facilities for customers(just ask for a token when you order) and they are always clean. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I visited the highwayman cafe on Sunday the 3rd of June to be greeted by such lovely staff they didn't just want to sell me food then get rid of me, they made me feel really special and had time to take an interest in me and my son by been very polite and having time for a chat eventhough they were busy the food was second to none and so was the service,the cafe is spotlessly clean,I will be calling again when on the way to Scarborough and recommend more people do also your in for a treat if you call in.welldone girls and a big warm thank you for making my day.Phil xx