Reviews (2 839)
2 839 results
1 540
1 540
All reviews train station ncp car park modern hotel complimentary breakfast the breakfast area city centre free wifi the sofa bed inside the city walls excellent hotel buffet style good size few minutes walk walk in shower shower gel reception staff beans
58 - 63 of 2 839 reviews
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Just checked out of this hotel after a three night stay. On initial arrival hotel looked clean and modern and in a good location from train station. Our room which was 319 looked fine until we noticed a build up of black mould on the foot of the shower screen. On the second day my partner caught her leg on the side of the wooden bed frame which led to her scraping the skin off her knee which led it to bruise and bleed. We reported this to reception and the manager placed this in the accident book. We were offered little in apology and the manager just said that reporting the accident would just help with the hotel looking at the spec of the bed frame on the next modernization. Although I'm happy to help the hotel it would of been nice if we were made to feel a bit better after the accident. The breakfast was of a good choice though and although a little busy at times we couldn't fault it. I probably would not stay at this hotel again as there are plenty of choice of hotels in York and we are regular travelers to York from just up the road at Newcastle. Maybe we were just a little unlucky with the room but on departing we just did not feel a belonging to this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mez_south_shields
VBurnham, Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. In regards to your comments on mould being on the foot of the shower screen, please accept my apologies for this and be reassured that this has been passed onto our housekeeping manager to ensure that this is investigated and dealt with accordingly.

I am sorry to see that your partner caught her leg on the side of the bed frame, I hope that her leg is okay. I am sorry that you felt my colleague was not sympathetic in regards to the matter, please be assured I will be investigating this further. My colleague did however, make a note of this in our accident book and has passed your comments onto our maintenance team who are looking into the spec of the bed frame.

On a positive note I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and the variety of choice we have to offer.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York and once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We found this hotel to be a very nice for the price. It is modern, very clean. They offer a very good breakfast. Hotel is close to train station and to the city center. Everything is in walking distance. Would recommend to a friend and will use it again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AM8-D
VBurnham, Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient. I am also pleased to see you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton, I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future, and If you are not already a HHonors member, you may be interested to know that it's free to join and you can earn points towards free stays and much more. It couldn't be easier! Just book through hampton.com to get your points.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We found this to be a lovely hotel, The rates were very reasonable but we did book the day we stayed which might affect the cost! We had a super breakfast and found the staff lovely. We will stay again if the chance arises.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank charl0tte76p

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient. I am also pleased to see you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast.

Yamsine

Reviewed 7 August 2018

This hotel is only a few minutes from the train station, the Railway Museum and the Mountain Goat minibus tour stop. It is about 10/15 minutes walk from The Minster, Shambles and all the restaurants and cafes. It is about six minutes walk from a Sainsbury's local.Standard double room with a view over a building sight was well designed in a realtively small space with a large walk in shower room and wardrobe, clean and quiet.Tea and coffee provided. Breakfast is included - full English, cereals, toast croissants and Danish pastries and fruit so a good variety. Staff at the front desk were lovely, could not have been more helpful. They stored our luggage on the last day and gave us a 20%voucher for the Jorvik museum (not available if you pre-book). Price wise I would definitely not call it a budget hotel but then it was in York in the middle of summer and it appeared to be full. I would stay again. We came by train but parking is in an NCP close by and I believe there is a discount voucher from the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 563sue

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient. I am also pleased to see you found our team friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with 4 friends last weekend .
The hotel is new , modern and clean .
The location is great for the train station and the river Ouse . Not far to the tourist attractions.
My negative comments would be the disgruntled receptionist when we tried to check in . There were five of us in 2 rooms and it seemed a massive problem to divide this up also complicated by some paying by cash or card !
The rom for 2 was very expensive £120 each . I was expecting some fabulous room but it was a nice standard hotel room with a view of a building site.
Breakfast was good and the staff there could not have been more helpful especially the guy with the goatee beard . Stay here for location if you are feeling flush but plenty of other hotels near by . C

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank 35Bluebird
VBurnham, Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient. I am also pleased to see you found our breakfast team helpful.

In regards to your comments on our front desk team upon arrival, please accept my sincerest apologies for this. If you could please email myself a description or name of the team member in question to QQYTG_hampton@hilton.com so that I can investigate this further that would be greatly appreciated.