Open today: 10:00 - 18:00

2 799
1 349
2 799
1 349
All reviews make your own our tour guide cadbury world free samples chocolate samples lollipops cocoa beans great tour all ages children and adults york pass value for money great fun well worth a visit great attraction interesting history rainy day
39 - 44 of 4 768 reviews
Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

I took my 7 year old grandson during half term and he absolutely loved it. Karl did our guided tour and he was really knowledgeable and made it all really interesting. My grandson wasn’t bored with any of it. It was very interactive and lots of samples to try along the way. The chocolate at the end is amazing and the hot chocolate in the cafe is the best I’ve ever had.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

Worth a visit when in York. £12.50 entry fee but you get a few samples and our guide, Pedro was excellent.

Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

I had spoken to a very helpful gentleman over the telephone yesterday after I heard on the radio that York residents can visit and save a third every day in November, the gentleman confirmed this to be correct. I visited in person today and mentioned the offer to a female member who came to take payment, I had my driving licence ready for proof of address but instead she insisted I was wrong and made me feel inadequate in what I was saying before speaking to another member of staff on a walkie talkie to find out, no apology was given on finding I was correct - she also asumed I was there with someone else and not on my own and didn't even bother to ask for address I.D for proof of residence. The tour itself I felt was rushed with valuable time spent asking everyone what their favourite chocolate bar is and I was personally referred to as fella. Near the end of the tour there is a mini workshop set out for lollipop decorating - all well and good if you are with someone, I wasn't and was asked by the person in charge to pair up with another person who didn't seem impressed and was more interested in taking selfies with the people she was with. I only got chance to put one topping on my lollipop as it was a timed exercise it would seem and the bowls were being shared around the same people so I didn't get a look in - very awkward indeed.This attraction is widely advertised but isn't what I expected it to be - a very expansive hour even with the discount. On an unrelated point I do not think it's a good idea to allow skateboards in when there is a sizeable group and room is limited - there was one guy with a board attached to his backpack and the wheels were filthy and there was another guy carrying one - could these not be left somewhere like the pushchairs are. Sadly due to my first experience today I will not be returning.

Date of experience: November 2018
Ralph H, Marketing Manager at York's Chocolate Story, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that our customer service did not meet our usual high standards on this occasion.

All our staff were briefed on the residents offer we have on in November, so I can only apologise for this oversight. This has been picked up by our operations team and they will speak to all the staff again.

The tours are carefully timed so that all our guests get the best possible experience and we always try and involve everyone, whether they are on their own or in a group. If it is a busy group, people are asked to share on the lolly stations. Apologies that you felt this detracted from your experience.

To be completely honest, I have never heard of anyone bringing a skateboard on the tour with them. We do have a small area where items can be left and are looking to improve this.

I have passed on your comments to the senior management and development team. Rest assured that we will take them on board, learn from them and improve our experience.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate all our feedback both positive and negative as it allows us to constantly improve and develop our attraction.

Reviewed 10 November 2018

Staff were in the main really good, knowledgeable and friendly. One or two free samples. More would have been better. A wee treat to create your own lolly. Value was ok. Loos stinky.

1  Thank Alison H
Reviewed 9 November 2018

Admittedly we did hesitate at the price - but it was worth it we thought. I would suggest they slow down the tour and make it less 'scripted' but what they offer is very interesting, very entertaining and you do get to try several different types of chocolate including making your own chocolate lollipop at the end! There is an interesting mix of guided tour, visual entertainment and info to read. I would recommend for all ages. My partner wasnt keen but came out pleasantly surprised!

Date of experience: October 2018