All reviews museum gardens well stocked mini bar jar of sweets cowshed products marygate car park coffee machine place to sleep rainfall shower quiet street perfect location continental breakfast nice hotel basement room boutique hotel luxury room restaurants and bars the ground floor
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I very much enjoyed my recent four night stay at the Jorvik. I was in room nine which is a luxury double with a nice bay window overlooking the entrance to the museum gardens. The room is not that big but there is a huge comfortable bed. The cleanliness was excellent and the daily room servicing was mostly pretty good.

The decor of the whole hotel is modern, quirky and refreshing, everything looked pristine and new. The two guys who run the reception desk were helpful, welcoming and friendly, which was appreciated.

Having the optional continental breakfast brought to the room in a paper bag suited me because I was setting off early each morning. It may not suit everyone but there are plenty of places serving conventional breakfasts within easy distance.

I chose the hotel partly because of its location, which is ideal for the Explore Library, the museum gardens and the city centre. Despite this the road was very quiet indeed in the evenings and at night when the museum gardens gates were closed.

Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
JorvikNewManagement, General Manager at Jorvik House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Moctezuma542,
Thank you for you review and the kind words. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we can welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I enjoyed my trip at the Jorvik house. It is not too far of a walk from the train station and not a far walk from the city centre. The room was clean and the building is well maintained. The staff was very pleasant and kind and check in and out is very simple. Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JorvikNewManagement, General Manager at Jorvik House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hi jessolin00,
Thank you for your review. Your feedback is excellent and shows that all are efforts are paying off. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel ideal location let down by the lack of food facilities. Personally I like the option of a cooked breakfast when away, also you are unable to consume outside food in rooms yet your not providing food services need one or the other really.
Room was small for deluxe smallest I have stayed in. Shower very compact but done the job. Just don’t shower with the door closed. Even with the extractor on it becomes hard too breath with the shower steam as it’s such a small space. Peeling paint shows extraction is not sufficient.
The neighbouring door is very close and loud closing so expect too be woken by that and the noise from there shower and talking.
Shamefully no air conditioning either so did get very hot in the hotel and rooms.
Shame for all the negative points as it’s a lovely hotel in an ideal location and staff are fantastic but let down by the basic stuff. Could be prefect with a bit off tweeking.
Would try somewhere different next time due too this.
Such a shame

Stayed: June 2018

Hi Rachel S,
Thank you for your feedback.
All points raised have been noted and passed onto the owners. I'm glad our staff were fantastic during your stay, they pride themselves on excellent customer service and I will pass this on.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Had such a lovely stay at the Jorvik house. Our room was just perfect, very comfortable, spotless and well designed. In a perfect location for sight seeing in York!
Really friendly and helpful staff too.. highly recommend!

Stayed: June 2018
JorvikNewManagement, General Manager at Jorvik House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Charlottelawrence,
Thank you for the review and pictures. We take pride in guest feedback therefore it is nice to see you enjoyed your stay! Should you wish to book with us again don't hesitate to call us direct.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I stayed with my 85 year old mother in a twin room on the ground floor. The room was delightfully furnished and had a clean fresh feel. The shower room was massive as was the shower head !!
Everyone was friendly and welcoming. But the best part was the close proximity to the museum park literally across the quiet road. 5 minute walk to York minster. I would definitely recommend and visit again.

Room Tip: Bigger selection of tea. I am rather partial to peppermint and there’s no need for milk!!
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JorvikNewManagement, General Manager at Jorvik House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Hi hallan895984,
Thank you for taking time to review us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again real soon.