Safestay York(York)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$47
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$65/night.

Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$94
HIExpress.com
B+B York(York)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$135
  • Breakfast included
The York Priory(York)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
  • Free Internet
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$184
Holiday Inn York City Centre(York)(Great Value!)
US$89
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$283
US$269
Travelocity
Reviews (2 682)
2 682 results
1 104
1 104
All reviewsswimming poolx boxseparate toiletsofa bedexecutive roomcar parkhalf termreception areagood sizeper dayreception staffoverlooking the rivercoffee machineclifford's toweryork centrefamily roomwalk into town
551 - 556 of 2 682 reviews
Reviewed 7 September 2016

We stayed one night in York - and wanted somewhere walking distance to the town centre. The Novotel was great for that - and it was so nice to have a car park there and not have to fight round town for somewhere to park. The staff throughout were helpful and friendly. A few improvements possible though - the room service dinner we had in the evening was rather poor - food was quite cold, and not that nice. The toilets are separate from the bathrooms, so you can't wash your hands without walking out of one room and into the other one, which was rather odd. We at breakfast towards the end of the time, and lots of things had run out or low which was a shame. However we enjoyed a quick dip in the pool (and were delighted there were no ridiculous rules about how many children per adult etc), and as I say, the staff were very good. We would probably stay here again if coming back to York - although I felt the price was very high for what we got.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
MaximeDupont, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2016

Good morning,

Thank you very much for your review, I'm glad you enjoyed our amazing team and our great location to stay in York. I took notes of your comments and passed them to the team.

I hope we can Welcome you again soon at Novotel York centre

Kind regards

Maxime Dupont

Reviewed 5 September 2016

This is an okay hotel, slightly better than a travelodge, but is elevated by excellent staff.

The hotel is an add one with some nice modern fixtures trying to divert your attention away from some older, more tired parts of the hotel.

Our standard room was comfortable and a decent size but has a weird layout, in that there is a separate toilet. On it's own. No sink. This means that after you've been, to wash your hands, you have to open the door, walk round to the bathroom, open the bathroom door and then wash your hands. Hopefully, your hands weren't that soiled, otherwise you've left your mark on all the door handles.

The rooms are modern looking but on closer inspection you can see the cracks - not quite clean toilet, cracked light fixtures, etc.

Luckily, the staff are helpful and friendly, and made us feel very welcome. I mentioned it was our anniversary and they sent up a nice note, some chocolates and a big bottle of... mineral water! Haha! I'd prefer wine, but it was something they didn't need to do and was a very nice gesture that was truly appreciated.

Breakfast was also pretty good with a good choice of cooked and continental, and again, some excellent staff making sure we had everything we needed.

Maybe not the best of hotels but I would come again because of the great customer service and the central location.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Good morning,

I just wanted to thank you for your very valuable review. It has been shared with the team this morning. I am sure they will be as delighted as I am to read they made a difference to your stay. The hotel is due to introduce a brand new range of bedrooms in the very short term. I am sure the introduction of these rooms will be a fantastic addition. Thank you once again for staying and for your comments. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2016

Booked an executive room with river view, ended up with bog standard room with car park view, this is because the executive room had not been cleaned and the view of the river was an enormous flood defence pumping station. The hotel photos do not show this pumping station.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank alandlorn
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Good morning,

Thank you for your review and for talking to me during your stay. I trust that following our conversations the matter has been resolved. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Stayed overnight for a weekend break in York. Just a short walk away from town centre, hotel is situated in a quiet location and easy to drive to. Excellent parking facilities. The hotel is really well organised and all staff on reception were very helpful and nice.
The room we had was a standard room which was nice and clean and spacious and en-suite facilities very good.
The only criticism I have is over the bed. Incredibly hard and uncomfortable, sad to say. The mattress had no 'give' and it was like sleeping on the floor. I got very little sleep due to being so uncomfortable all night. I don't know whether all the beds in the hotel are like the one we had but this could put me off staying again. I would say Novotel's close rivals to sleep quality are Premier Inn. (Novotel take note Premier Inn beds are incredibly lush and comfortable!!!! Hint hint).
The breakfast was fab! Spoiled for choice.
Overall I had a very lovely stay in York.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Good morning and many thanks for your review.

I shall share your views with our design teams with regards to the beds. I hope we will have the pleasure to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

The Novotel was extremely busy but any issue was sorted to our satisfaction. We've visited many times before and the hotel offers value for money with tasty breakfasts for my hungry boys. Beds are always comfortable and a pleasant weekend away. Always an added bonus having the pool.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Good morning and thank you so much for your repeat custom. It is greatly appreciated. I hope to see you again soon. Thank you once again.