“Magic Mike”
Review of The Botanist York

The Botanist York
Ranked #65 of 941 Restaurants in York
Description: It started with a seed. An idea shared amongst friends. They imagined a secret garden, where all can enjoy the curious refreshments of nature...
Reviewed 9 October 2021

Although this is late, myself and my partner came to the Botanist on 30th September. We were looked after by our northern friend Magic Mike. He was so kind, took the time to ask about our trip to York and about where we were from. He was very accommodating for each table he served, we were talking to another couple sat close to us about how lovely and enthusiastic he was. He takes a lot of pride in his work going above and beyond, catering to everyone’s needs. We felt so well looked after and wanted to make sure his hard work was recognised. We want to return to the Botanist next time we visit York in hope that he will be on shift to serve us, he was that good.

Best wishes, his Manc friends from Stockport x

Date of visit: October 2021
Richard H, General Manager at The Botanist York, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2021

Hi Harry,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how great Mike was at looking after you. It is always a pleasure to hear and I will make sure your kind words are passed on. They certainly don't go unrewarded and are really appreciated. We hope to have you back with us soon!

Richard

Write a reviewReviews (1 243)

75 - 79 of 1 245 reviews

Reviewed 9 October 2021

Can't beat been full for £15 and plenty of drinks for another £15
Food is very nice good to have a variety for one meal and is well made
Very friendly and accommodating service even for strang intolerances which I have
Massive thanks you to Mike who was happy, funny and an all around pleasure to be served by

Hi there,

Thanks for the great review! We are always happy to help with accommodating for intolerances or dietary requirements no matter how rare/ strange. I will make sure I pass on your kind words to Mike and we hope to have you back with us soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2021

Celebrated my husband’s 30th here last week and I’m so glad we did! The service from “Magic Mike” was absolutely impeccable, the man genuinely made our night! From food and drink recommendations to banter and stories, he is the best waiter we’ve had for a long time.
Food was divine, we shared the baked Camembert bread bowl to start which was so good. Then the pork belly hanging kebab each for mains. Absolutely .
Mike then presented my husband with a beautiful dessert board for free for his birthday, which had several mini versions of their desserts, which was all also delicious.

100% would recommend and return to The Botanist York whenever we are next in the city, everything from cocktails to service to food was fab.

1  Thank Holly5x

Hi Holly,

Thanks for taking the time to leave this lovely review. I am really happy that Mike was able to help make your husbands 30th birthday celebrations that much better. Some excellent choices of food there, they are my favourite things on our menu so I am happy you enjoyed them! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Mike and will thank him for providing such impeccable service.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 3 October 2021 via mobile

Had a Sunday roast at this establishment and found the experience very enjoyable had the beef resonable price and good service good atmosphere and our waiter was very helpful and pleasant would recommend this to anyone GRAVY MAKETH THE MEAL thanks for a lovely time Magic Mike

Hi there,

Gravy absolutely maketh the meal! That and great service from Mike defiantly helps. Thanks for the kind words and I hope to see you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2021 via mobile

Came down for a birthday meal, and the food and atmosphere was great. The service was spot on, and Mike was incredibly accommodating and friendly! A gem of a staff member, and deserves a raise! He even commented on my dungeons and dragons dice- awesome guy! Thank you very much :)

1  Thank adamrowe09

Hi Adam,

Thanks for joining us to celebrate your birthday meal. I am glad Mike was so incredible and accommodating. He is a gem! Lets just say he is highly proficient in his Charisma and in particular in persuasion and performance. I will pass on your kind words.

Thanks again,