“Disappointing”

Cosmo Norwich
Ranked #131 of 900 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We hadn't been before and on first glance when we arrived it looked exciting. However, on closer inspection and tasting, it was disappointing. I was in the mood for pasta and the macaroni 'cheese' was lacking in sauce and flavour. The chicken meatballs tasted cheap as if they were from a tin. Another of the pastas looked as if it had been there a long time and it was dried and stuck to the tin. I was tempted to have chilli instead but it was next to mashed potato that was also dry and stuck to the dish. I would prefer to eat chilli with plain rice or a baked potato. Overall this restaurant is an exciting concept but it doesn't deliver in the quality standards. The price was okay for a family of 3 eating but I wouldn't hurry back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 019)

121 - 125 of 1 020 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Quick stop in Cosmo during a shopping trip to Norwich. Seated straight away and good staff. Food was still as nice and plenty of choice. Nice to see that standards are not declining. Nice and clean Restaurant and even though it was busy it didn't feel rushed in any way. The tables for 2 are far too close together and need moving apart as you feel on top of your neighbour a bit... just a small niggle. Very enjoyable and recommended.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Had a good experience here. We found it to be very professional, organised and the staff were friendly and attentive. The choice of food is impressive and the food itself was reasonably nice, the Lamb Rogan Josh and Thai green curry were delicious.This place is excellent value for money and we will visit again.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Expected a typical world cuisine buffet and was let down. Compared to the many others there are, this one was a huge disappointment.
The food was incredibly mediocre and there wasn't a single dish I had twice. The chef behind the grill bluntly told me it was temporarily closed but when I went up 10mins later and saw it re-opened I just couldn't be bothered to get any prawns or squid, it was that boring!
Neither of us were wowed by anything. The desserts were probably the worst part, second only to the customer service or lack of. Would recommend avoiding!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We choose Cosmo when we have birthday meals as there are more of us and with all the different food types there is always something for everyone. From adults to children you do not go away hungry and if you want to keep the bill down use the refillable drinks.

It was packed when we went but the staff were able to still look after us and always plenty of food.

This is the 4th time I have been and will definitely go again.