“Don't waste your money!”
Review of Marsh Harrier

Marsh Harrier
Ranked #543 of 876 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$21 - US$31
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Nicely decorated and welcoming from the exterior but it ends there. Service exceptionally slow, assistant manager unhelpful and food terrible! Lots of bits missing from the dishes, cooking undercooked or burnt. I'm not expecting Michelin star at this price, but it should be right. Complained about quality and explained we were unhappy to pay full price due to it being sub standard. No acceptance of issue, just pay or ill call the police!

General Manager A, Manager at Marsh Harrier, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We can only apologise again for the lack of service and food quality you received. This is not our usual high standards and we are very disappointed we have let you down on this occasion. Please do give us a call if there is anything else at all that we can do to turn this experience around.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So I left a review on here 2 months ago and the Manager wrote back to apologise for the bad meals and bad service me and my friends received..they left the Marsh Harrier's contact number for me to call the Manager however the incorrect Telephone number was left..I took it upon myself to contact them after searching for the correct number..there was no answer (bearing in mind this was mid week so a slower service anyway) I have left a voice message for the Manager to call me back but have not heard a thing! Every time I call they are not available. How convenient! A waste of a trip for a meal, waste of money and waste of my call time contacting a restaurant which never answers their phone or never has the Manager available to speak to!

We are so disappointed that you have been unable to reach us, we can assure you this is by no means intentional. If you could kindly provide us with your preferred contact details through a Facebook message then a manager will be in touch that same day. We very much look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerest apologies,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Long waiting time for food. Two meals we ordered were out of stock. One roast dinner arrived cold. The fish was over cooked, the potatoes under cooked. We were leaving before our plates were finally being cleared away. The staff seemed friendly though...

General Manager A, Manager at Marsh Harrier, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit her with us. We hope you picked this up with us at the time of your visit in order for us to resolve the issues. However if there is anything we can do for you, please contact our manager on 01603507513

Many Thanks,
Marsh Harrier Management

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After arriving for a 7.30pm booking for 4 people, ordered drinks at the bar, unfriendly and disorganised staff, on moving to our table which had no cutlery and waiting a considerable amount of time to take our order we eventually got our food which was fish and chips which was fine, duck confeit which was fine, lamb shank which was listed with bubble and squeak/veg but it came with mash which my partner doesn't like mash, the waitress was adamant it was mash but menu said otherwise so tried to compliment with chips unacceptable! And lastly rump steak (medium), peppercorn sauce and trimmings, thankfully I had the sauce as the steak was very dry, on top of that they got the desserts all wrong, staff were very unprofessional and unfriendly, the overall experience was extremely disappointing as the lovely building and surroundings is pleasant, as I've worked in catering and it is hard work, but it has to start with management and it's seems they don't have there finger in the button. Consequently we will not be returning again.

Hi Moorish54,

We are very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your visit to us on this occasion. We apologise that you were dissatisfied with your bubble & squeak mash, this is our specification for the dish but apologise if this is not what you were expecting. We will take on board your feedback about the steak and feed this back to our chefs and suppliers. We will also review the service with our duty manager who was on duty to understand where we went wrong for you. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback in order to improve ourselves, so thank you. Please give our manage a call on 01603 507513 if there is anything else we can do for you.

Many Thanks,
Marsh Harrier Management

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If you like waiting 1+ hour for food then you won’t mind it here. My mojito took 20 mins to come, 2x calamari was half hour, then mains another hour on top of that. Got there 7.30pm didn’t leave until 10.30ish. Ridiculous. Understaffed, overpriced for average food. My pie was nice but the veg looked unappealing, the calamari was way to thick and rubbery the batter just fell off it. Avoid, a lot of nicer pubs to go to which aren’t chains and so much better. Genuinely Wetherspoons is superior to this place and a fraction of the cost and actually serves decent food at a decent time wait.

1  Thank Sarah_Norwich85

Hi Sarah,

We're ever so sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience here with us. Clearly there were some serious errors during your visit which we take very seriously. We will be holding a management & team meeting to reflect on your comments and ensure we don't repeat them. If you would like to discuss this any further, please contact our manager on 01603 507513.

Thank you for taking your time to leave us this review,

Management