US$78
Dunston Hall(Stoke Holy Cross)
US$141
US$88
  • Restaurant
Aylwyne House(Norwich)(Great Value!)
US$66
All reviewsfat catcity centreshared bathroomone nightcooked breakfasthot chocolate and biscuitsfront door keyample parkingsingle roomfull englishchoice of cerealstea making facilitiesfresh towelscar parkan overnight stayexcellent accommodationgreat place to stay
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We have just spent an overnight stay at this very pleasant hotel whilst attending a music festival in nearby Earlham Park which is 20 minute walk away. We stayed in a twin-bedded room with en-suite shower. Everywhere was spotlessly clean.The beds, duvets and pillows were extremely comfortable. The bed linen was spotlessly white and soft. The shower was strong and joyously hot and a hairdryer was available in the drawer. It was a very humid evening but we enjoyed the presence of a cool air fan in our room.There is a large, safe, car parking area in front of the hotel and overall we felt very safe staying here. Although we didn't opt for breakfast we enjoyed the tea and coffee making facilities in our room. Would definitely choose this hotel again if we come to Norwich, especially as it is an easy walk into the city centre. A very nice stay. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2018

Four night stay. The plus for me was a single room with a bath. It was so relaxing after touring the beautiful city of Norwich and playing a number of golf courses in and around Norwich where there was always a nice welcome.Many quality restaurants, some bistro style but all excellent.If you like real ale a must is the "Fat Cat" just a short stroll from the hotel.Breakfast was more than adequate with a good choice of cereals ,fruit,yoghurt and the full "English".When leaving do not forget to leave the key in reception unless you want a "slapped wrist" from the manager ! ! ! A great place to stay if you want is a clean room ,a nice bath,a good nights kip and a hearty breakfast.

Room Tip: If you require a single room with a bath I can recommend room18 which is small, cozy and quiet at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Not a bad location. Room nice and despite what others have said, very quiet - no problems with thin walls. Found bed was quite small - Mrs T spent some of the time in the single bed in our room. Initially, bathroom really cold - due to radiator needing bleeding. Once I bled radiator- nice and warm - perhaps I should have charged them for my services!

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 1 March 2018

Having read some reports they must have stayed at a different guest house.
We had a very good stay.
The guest house is well run and very clean. The radiator in our room was not working but replacement oil filled radiators were perfectly capable of keeping the room nice and comfortable.
The only slight gripe I had was the check in was a tad later (4pm) than I would have liked and it was not clear whether we could park our car at the guest house prior to checking in.
The walk into the city centre was straight forward and took about 15 minutes.
(back to the my first sentence...Our room was quiet - we are light sleepers!
We had a good cooked breakfast for £5.)
We would certainly stay again

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I had a marathon the next morning. I was told by a chap on reception that breakfast was at 0800 on a Sunday and was 5 quid. I said I wanted cereal only and a little earlier. I was told it would still be 5 quid! The chef offered to cook for me (bless him). Declined offer. The walls are paper thin, so I heared things I shouldn't have. The bath was very small and the sloped roof meant no stand up shower.

The room was fine/ clean: TV, tea, coffee, biscuits etc. Basic, fair enough for the money. Big shout to the friendly chef. Thumbs down for being charged a fiver for a bowl of All Bran.

Stayed: February 2018