See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Good location, great for a weekend's shopping or visiting lovely Norwich. Rooms are dated but clean and facilities are good, bed was comfortable, water was hot, breakfast was great and staff were friendly.
However - we stayed in room 26 and the noise above us was absolutely unbelievable. Not maniac residents, just merely them walking around, using their shower, speaking and moving cases around made an absolute racket, woke us up at 6 both mornings on what was supposed to be a relaxing weekend. Can only be due to the hotel's construction. When the chambermaid was vacuuming, it sounded like a pneumatic drill. Wouldn't stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Graham C, General Manager at Norwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

We do every we can to ensure people enjoy their stay but we are a city centre hotel so we can get some noise - we were looking forward to seeing you again but that seems to be unlikely.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I read reviews for this hotel and was very sceptical on booking. Yes a little tired, but very friendly staff. Especially manwell. Lol. Also the barman. Great breakfast. Thank you for your hospitality.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Graham C, General Manager at Norwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for your kind remarks we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

p.s. Manwell says ke !

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Exiting the railway station pass the bus stop and turn sharp right, this is Thorpe Road.You will need to cross to the other side of the road.Up the slight hill until the road bears right, the hotel is set back opposite the garage.There is both step and ramp access.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful. My room (No 49)was on one side of the building and was very quiet-there is a lift to the upper floors. A news paper was ordered and was slipped under my bedroom door every day before breakfast which is from 7 am.
The breakfast selection was very good and was served by a very pleasant lady.
Evening meal- The first evening I eat at The Coach and Horses which I had passed on my way from the station. It was a very popular/busy venue. The items on the menu were all too spicy for me so I opted for the all day breakfast which couldn't be faulted.
On the second night I crossed the river by the station to The Complete Angler which is along side the river. It was quieter than the previous place and had a selection much more to my taste, if the weather was warm I would have eaten on the riverside terrace-recommended.
Back to The Norwich Hotel-RECOMMENDED.

Room tip: The hotel is set back from the road so I think that all room are quiet.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Graham C, General Manager at Norwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay .Norwich is a very good city and has a wide choice of eating venues so I was pleased to hear you were happy with the places close by.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Booked for a night with friend. Checked in ok, didn't hang around to inspect room but very small and outdated, upon returning from shopping and a lovely evening out at The Giggling Squid, we returned to very loud music, now we were warned by a poster on the desk and a lady who checked us in, but nothing prepared us for the sheer volume of it!

Our room was directly above the worst disco you have ever heard in your life! Even with the tv on full volume we were still drowned out by Agadoo!!

At about 10pm we rung reception to ask for another room, we were told no it was fully booked, we said we should have been informed by email that there was an event going on, we were told most people who book a hotel go out all night!! We were exhausted by this point and by using headphones and gin, managed to get some sleep.

Place is dirty, needs updating, photos attached of bathroom and inside our room! We are both still itching now! Do not stay here!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Jayne S
Graham C, General Manager at Norwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

We are sorry to hear the music disturbed you Saturday night but we do ensure the events finish early, ( 1145 pm on Saturday ) I will have a word with the Disco about not playing Agadoo in future.
We are a very busy Hotel and all the rooms are cleaned every day.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

My partner and I stayed here on Saturday night, we were in Norwich for a music festival. They let us verbally check in as we didn't need the room till after the festival. The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the Train station and it's not much further to the picturesque city centre. The room was fine, clean and comfortable. Brew kit in the room and a TV. Bathroom was clean and had the usual basic toiletries. Only issue was creaky floors in the corridors and slamming sprung doors. Breakfast was made to order rather than buffet style but they had a good selection of cereals and fruit if cooked breakfast isn't your thing. Polite and helpful staff.

Room tip: Top floor rooms have creaky floors in the corridors and the sprung doors bang.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments , we look forward to seeing you again in the future