“First visit and fantastic”

Cafe Rouge - Norwich Chapelfield
Ranked #343 of 902 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A taste of France at Intu Chapelfield shopping centre. Offering a delicious all-day menu of classic French dishes, including steak frites and duck confit. Whether you're looking for a fast and filling lunch, or a leisurely dinner, we have just the dish.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Went for an early 6pm meal. Quiet so soon choose a table for 4 mar window. A very polite waiter served menus . Food and drinks came promptly. Great service and attentive. Meals were fantastic, hot , tasty and nicely presented. Madame croque , chicken and beef burgers all good. Mock tails refreshing. We will be happy to come here again for the service and food.

CafeRougeNorwich, Manager at Cafe Rouge - Norwich Chapelfield, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi, Thank you so much for your positive review. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Au Revoir

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We decided to give this restaurant a try after many years since our last visit when it was still on Exchange street. It was not very crowded at all and we chose our table. We both decided to order the French Garlic soup that came with a wedge of brown bread. Wow, it was gorgeous!! We both devoured it and to be honest, I should have only ordered that. It was very rich and filling and very delicious. Of course, with eyes bigger than tums we both ordered mains as well. I ordered demi poulet, a half roasted chicken, cooked very well and really moist, although I did find it too heavy on the salt. I ordered mine with salad and received it with fries and didn't complain, only asked for some ketchup, which never came. I got the impression that the waitress was very new, she was friendly enough, but extremely frazzled with only 4 tables to serve and very slow. My son ordered the Moules Mariniere and loved every delicious bite but couldn't finish the chicken I had left. All in all, other than the slow somewhat inefficient service, a very enjoyable evening with fantastic company.

CafeRougeNorwich, Manager at Cafe Rouge - Norwich Chapelfield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Hi, Thank you so much for your positive review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your meals with us. I must apologise for the slow service that you recieved and can assure you that I have given further training to all our staff memebers. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Au Revoir

Reviewed 26 June 2018

A nice meal, although portion sizes are quite small. Not many vegetables served with main meals so wish we had ordered sides. Good convenient location. Staff were friendly & efficient. We paid with Tesco clubcard vouchers which made it a cheap meal out.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

This restaurant, and its close competitors, are well situated at the rear exit of the Chapelfield Shopping complex. We tried this place not long after it opened, but was so bad we decided, in fairness, not to report.

Changed days, and new management has made an improvement in all areas of the business.

Service is better - interaction with the customer much improved - and the food is very adequate, depending on your menu choice. We liked the ambience and style of the restaurant, so it is down to management and staff to lift this place to a higher level.

It is still in the hands of Cafe Rouge to make its mark at Chapelfield.

A clear winner at Chapelfield food halls has still to emerge.

Hi, Thank you so much for your positive review. I am glad that you decided to come back and give us another chance and that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Au Revoir

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Went on a Tuesday night with my in-laws for a quick dinner. Half the menu was 86'd which wasn't a great start. Chicken burger was dry, in a dry bun (which wasn't brioche as advertised) Tiny portions. Steak baguette was 90% gristle and stale bageutte. Omlette was meh. Olives were hard and sour. Only saving grace was the poor waitress who comped us for 2 of the 3 meals as they were uneaten. Just bad!

CafeRougeNorwich, Manager at Cafe Rouge - Norwich Chapelfield, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your recent visit to us. I have passed on these concerns to our kitchen manager in order to stop this from happeneing again.

If you would like to contact us on norwichchapelfield@caferouge.co.uk to discuss this matter further we will be more than happy to do so.

Please take my sincere aplogies and if there is anything else that we can do please do not hestitate to contact us.

Kind regards,