“The Lanes Coffee Break”

Ranked #4 of 66 Coffee & Tea in Norwich
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 May 2018

I'm, not a regular to Norwich probably 6-7 times a year but every time I do go I make a point of going up the lanes for a look around. There are some cool independent shops up there and the church antique shop is a must. Strangers Coffee House is literally just around the corner and a welcome break if you need a sit-down and watch the world go by. The shop roasts their own coffee beans and they are very clued up on the fine art of coffee, its tastes, flavours and profiles, that's if you are interested and need to know, otherwise just relax and enjoy your coffee.
The main thing about coffee and trust me I know I used to sell it, is that it doesn't matter how you like your coffee, there is no right way to drink coffee. Pick a style you like and Strangers will make it for you, but what you must do is try maybe a different roast like a dark Italian against an El Salvador light roast, try African beans against a Guatemala then you'll start to smell and taste the difference.
I liked drinking in there and they make you feel welcome, food is a good standard and prices are not silly, the only downside is that there's not that much room in there ( only about 4-5 tables ) the outside tables help on a sunny day.
I would always make a point of supporting any independent coffee shop against the corporate big boys and Strangers are doing a great job

I look forward to going back.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

After wandering around it was great to rest my poor feet and settle into a window seat and watch the world go by. I am not a great coffee fan, but my companions know their stuff and are able to discern what a good cup of coffee tastes like. However I opted for a refreshing cup of tea and was not at all disappointed.
So whilst the coffee may be good the tea, to me, tastes even better!
So give this hip coffee joint a try - you will not be disappointed, great surroundings, lots of chattering, good views and lovely smells. What more could weary traveller ask for?

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This is coffee. It sets the bar that no others can reach. These people know their coffee: they're coffee geeks - and I mean that as a compliment. It's always spot on coffee.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Having been here a few times in the past I was expecting the coffee to be good - it really wasn't. There was weird, almost 'off' taste to it, don't know if there was something wrong with the milk maybe. Service was dire - it was a Saturday morning with myself and 3 other individuals at tables so not busy and three members of staff. A couple of people nipped in for a takeaway. Despite this it was almost 15 minutes to wait to be presented with the coffee and a stone cold Pain au Chocolat. Very disappointing and probably won't be returning.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

'I'll bring your coffee over to you' That sounded good. I expect it was so that on a busy Saturday morning, no one took the table that was free whilst I was waiting. But, he didn't bring the milk, so I had to go back to the counter anyway. The coffee was lukewarm. and so I had a coupe of sips and left. Yes, I could complain, but then I'd feel like complaining about the wobbly table and that the crumbs from the previous occupant were still on it. I might give it another visit.

1  Thank CJS52