“I really enjoy the unique taste of the coffee”

Strangers Coffee House
Ranked #4 of 66 Coffee & Tea in Norwich
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 August 2016

I really love the taste of Stranger's coffee. I can only describe it as a bit fruity, and its quite light. The coffee is always well presented with milk art, and it is served at the correct temperature (not boiling hot, drinkable straight away).
I always ask for oat milk in my coffee, which I don't think many other coffee houses use, so that's good for me. I think in the main coffee house this is advertised, but I couldn't see it advertised in the takeaway only shop.
I do feel that advertising needs to be a bit better in that regards. But I suppose it does encourage you to ask and strike up conversation, which may be their aim!
It is obvious that coffee is a passionate thing at Strangers, and there is an element of 'laid backness' that means you shouldn't really go in for a coffee if you are in a rush! They take their time with making it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
I have eaten a goats cheese Panini in the coffee house before, and also tried the carrot cake (this was lush). The Panini was also tasty. You also get a lotus biscuit with your coffee if you sit in (wouldn't mind one if you got takeway too guys!).
The only other thing I would say is that a lot of the produce like the sandwiches/sugar are open. I know a lot of shops tend to do this, but in the summer when flies are present (or those that are a bit sloppy with the sugar) I would prefer to see things covered up a bit, or the sugar could be in one of those pourers rather than a pot and spoon.
But I will still keep coming back for the coffee.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

This is so much better than your chain coffee shops. Barista of the Year Awards on the wall and it shows in the drink. Very good selection of teas too. If your lucky you will get a table outside otherwise there are a few tables inside. We wanted a sandwich late on on a Sunday and they made up specials without any problems, far cry from the local Waitress who could;t put together a cheese sandwich.

Will go back in a flash when in Norwich again, can almost taste the coffee as I write!

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Just walked out of strangers with a smile on my face and a great coffee in my hand.
I love coffee and you guys have the skills to provide me with an awesome one everyday!
I will miss the great coffee whilst I'm away but it's good to know you'll be here still creating damn good coffee when I get back!

Reviewed 15 July 2016

Nice long black, staff were okay but a little offish. I also bought some beans home with me. However I wasn't getting great results at home shame as I was quite excited about Norwich having a dedicated roaster.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

Original and wonderful sandwich and take out coffee. There was nowhere to sit inside because it was full but I enjoyed it on the green next door. Lots of guys rush round serving and attending to their customers.

1  Thank pjl29