“Not impressed”
Review of Gracies of Drayton

Gracies of Drayton
Ranked #395 of 900 Restaurants in Norwich
Reviewed 23 December 2017

We have been 2x since this cafe changed it's name - again.

Both times it was obvious the menu is too extensive for the size of the kitchen to physically manage. Together with some of the front of house staff clearly untrained/inexperienced. 1 with attitude - when we sent a "hot" chocolate back because it was cold. Same the previous time we visited. Our drinks and half our food order arrived but it took another 20mins for a toasted tea cake to follow (which had been just warmed up - no colour ? had it been toasted ?).

Shame because it could be really good as it was for many years when Michael and family owned it.

Luckily with the NDR open now it's easier to access the many other coffee shops in the surrounding area.

1  Thank j j

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Whilst waiting for a car repair at Drayton service station decided to pop in for breakfast.
Nice decor well presented.
Sat for a while whilst not realising if it was order at counter or waiter service. Went to counter in the end. Drinks came Fairly quickly had quite a wait for the food which was good!
When finish one of the girls came and took plates but didn’t ask if we wanted anything else?
So we went back to counter to look at the cakes and fancies
We were asked if we wanted to take away? NO!

All food was nice but service a bit muddled?
Feel as if we hadn’t gone to counter wouldn’t have been served at all??

Anyway been sitting here for 10 minutes waiting for some to look at me so I can ask for the bill lol

1  Thank Thepottersnorwich
Reviewed 8 November 2017

first time to go to this place because my two girls invited me for lunch as they always go there to meet their friends and enjoyed it they said. this time we came in and realised it was busy, one of the girls in the counter said its full and there's no sits available in not very happy way. so we went near the door to wait for available table as I've seen a table of four with plates not been cleared. we waited for like 15 mins and suddenly asked the lady on the till if the empty table is available for us to wait and not reserved for somebody else. the lady was so rude saying that it will be available once she's ready to clear it and said 2 or 3 mins. went back and stood with my girls waiting and nothing happened. then this lady who just finished paying from the till came passed beside me as she's going out and muttered " I'm not gonna bother". I just smiled and waiting for my girls to say to leave the place. My youngest daughter commented that people in there were so rude that day, and its not hard to be nice to people she said. I was so glad when my eldest daughter said, shall we go mum, yay! I will never go there , theres so many places to eat to with a nice people when they see you coming.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

This was our first time here at the previously named Gracie’s, now refurbished and renamed The Willows. We arrived for a late breakfast at around 11am and the place was busy. The interior is really attractive and seemed well laid out. The selection of cakes under the glass counter looked delicious!
The menu is varied but not over full. Although I was tempted by the eggs benedict (next time), I decided upon a breakfast bap (generously filled with 2 sausages, 2 pieces of bacon and 2 fried eggs). My partner decided upon the 7 piece breakfast which included a pot of tea. I chose a hot chocolate which was delicious.
Our food arrived after a little wait and all was cooked perfectly. The sausages particularly were really tasty and the eggs all had runny yolks - yummy!
We both really enjoyed The Willows with its friendly staff, good value for money (our orders came to just £16), pretty interior and great food. We’re glad it’s just down the road for us and we will definitely return.

3  Thank Niki G
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I visited Gracie’s for a late breakfast fry up on a Sunday and we weren’t disappointed. We had a 5 part breakfast each with Bacon, eggs, hash browns, beans and sausage and it was fantastic. Top quality produce, great service and very good value for money. We will be back soon!!

1  Thank Scott88UK