“Recommend? A HUGE BIG FAT SUPERMEGA YES !!!”
other travellers have booked this property
A private boathouse beside the river in Norwich.
French doors opening to a spectacular view, beside the river in Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
A private boathouse beside the river in Norwich.
The Boathouse faces South.
Glorious interiors.
Solid wood handmade kitchen.
Fridge, full oven, dishwasher and microwave all in situ.
Full Size Double Bed, sprung mattress with memory foam. Egyptian cotton; feather duvet and pillows.
Chesterfield looking onto wall mounted tv with Netflix, YouTube & Terrestrial TV.
A summer or winter destination. Cozy interiors with wardrobe.
Elegant wet room, underfloor heating,  and electric towel rail. Toiletries and Towels provided.
Electric Shower, basin and toilet.
The view to Thorpe Island opposite The Boathouse.
Facing South on to The River Yare, Norwich
Private Mooring with large outside decking, table and chairs plus sun loungers provided. BBQ.
Brick construction, underfloor thermostatic heating throughout. Fully alarmed with security lighting
View down the river.
Private parking for one car inside electric gates.
Situated on Yarmouth Rd, Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich.
The River Green next to The Boathouse in Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich. Pubs and cafe on the Rivergreen.
Whitlingham, accessible by boat , bike or car.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
matteogra...
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Recommend? A HUGE BIG FAT SUPERMEGA YES !!!”
Reviewed 22 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

Before arrival at this little cottage I and my husband hoped that we'd have done a good choice for 1 day home away. It was for my 40th birthday. According to TripAdvisor reviews it seemed a perfect place to stay. But as you know you can't count on all internet review, always a little bit doubt. Then you know what happened? When I just entered in this little magical cottage I fell in love with this petite forever!!! The house is a fabulous gem by itself and we are totally satisfied with every amenities and decorates Amanda has done with classy and luxury tastes. A front garden with a peaceful river stream taking away slowly swans and wild birds floating on. At midnight we were sitting on garden watching stars next to a swan, can you imagine that? And was so touching all Amanda's generous care!! Absolutely agree with a previous review that Amanda's awesome house deserves to be fully booking. Thank you again Amanda and hope see you one day again.
Leego and Matteo

PS : I confess this is my first review throughout all booking site like airbnb,booking.com,TripAdvisor etc.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
6 Apr 2017
Hi Leego & Matteo, what a wonderful review, thank you so much, I am really touched. I would love you both to visit again, it was a pleasure to have you stay.
A TripAdvisor Member
“WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW”
Reviewed 5 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

This is my first review on TripAdvisor because I just have to let people know what a brilliant little find the boat house really is.

Amanda goes out of her way to help and to make sure you have everything along with feeling comfortable.

The wife was so pleased to find her favourite bottle of wine in the fridge, which she didn't know about! Followed a good stock of coffee, tea, and butter, bacon, eggs and some nice bread.

The weather wasn't on our side to sit outside in the evening but it never was going to be in November - but it would be lovely in the hight of summer.

However it is nice and warm inside so even worth a winter visit for sure!

Well done Amanda with you little gem and all the hard work you have put in, you deserve to be fully booked throughout 2017,

Thank you.

5 Nov 2016
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, I am genuinely touched. I would love to have you both back, you were lovely guests and hopefully you wouldn't have to suffer constant rain!
A TripAdvisor Member
“Miss”
Reviewed 29 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

An absolutely amazing hideaway. A wonderful property, wonderful host, wonderful setting. Everything lived up to our expectations.
We felt welcome from the moment we arrived right up until the moment we left. Thank you for making our short break so very special. If I could award 10 stars instead of five, I would :-)

29 Oct 2016
Thank you so much for your great review. You were lovely guests and I would welcome you both back anytime.
Heygary73
“Relaxation Guaranteed”
Reviewed 23 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We arrived at The Boathouse to be greeted by Amanda who was very welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. Everything was exactly as described and shown and the attention to detail by Amanda was amazing, with lots of subtle but very classy touches. The fridge and kitchen area was even stocked up with an array of luxury food and drink items, including our favourite bottle of wine! Accommodation and the furnishings/decor was first class and extremely comfortable too.
All in all, a thoroughly lovely stay and we will definitely be returning next year for sure.

24 Sep 2016
Thank you so much for your fab review, I really appreciate it. I'm glad I picked the right wine too! I would love to host you both again.
Fairycupc...
Chester, United Kingdom
“Everyone should experience staying here!”
Reviewed 19 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Before we arrived at the boathouse we had a feeling it was going to be special due to Amanda's attention to detail. The day before our stay we received a message asking us what wine, bread and milk we liked. We arrived to a very warm welcome from Amanda and she showed us round the boathouse. It is charming and beautiful, spotlessly clean, comfy sofa, beautiful handcrafted kitchen with every gadget you could possibly need.

So many yummy extras. The fridge is stocked with milk, butter, eggs, bacon,marmalade, chutney, fresh orange. The drawers contain porridge, Dorset muesli and fresh M&S coffee. Teabags to suit any taste. Fresh loaf. biscuits and Green & Blacks chocolate. Everything is high end even the candles, (so want them for home). Fresh bedding on the bed that is so comfy, so lazy starts are a must. The weather was glorious so we could make the most of the sun lounges on the decking. We had planned on a trip to Benedict's restaurant but instead opted to cook and enjoy eating outside and taking in life on the water.

Amanda is just fab, on hand if you need her, warm and friendly. She has created such a delightful place, don't dither book it now before availability goes.

We will be back without a doubt but next time we will stay longer.

Thanks Amanda x

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
21 Aug 2016
Wow! Thank you both so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so delighted you enjoyed your stay and it was a real pleasure to meet you both.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$147
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing