“Terrible ”
Review of The Sandstone Nab

The Sandstone Nab
Ranked #96 of 334 Restaurants in Middlesbrough
Description: We offer a fantastic menu with lots of choice, including all your pub favourites, delicious desserts, sandwiches and sharers. We also have a Pizza Kitchen for freshly-made pizzas and an extensive Specials’ Board to tickle your tastebuds. What’s more, all of our menu main courses, Specials and Pizzas are Two for One! We also have a great children's menu, including freshly-made pizza, and a play area to keep them entertained!
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I went with my Sister for lunch.My sister picked curry which she said was tasty but rice lukewarm.I picked pie and chips the pie looked overdone from the outside but when I broke it open it was burnt black on the inside .The waitress said she would have to ask the manager what to do . The manager said pick something else.I chose Sausage and mash.My sister meanwhile had nearly eaten hers.Dish came Mash was barely warm on the out side inside was cold.The manager asked was it OK .Told her it was cold .My sister had finished eating.I said leave it I will eat the sausage and peas but I wouldn’t be coming back.28 6 2018.

Tom S, Manager at The Sandstone Nab, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Hi Lydia.
We're sorry that your visit with us wasn't up to our usual standards.
I understand your reasoning for not wanting to return to us but if you would like to give us another chance we would be happy to find a way to compensate you for your unpleasant experience.
Send a message to our Facebook page and we can go from there.
Apologies once again.
Thanks, management.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Visited the sandstone nab as I have numerous times before. Have to say the food was average and the portions were extremely small. Why do 2 for 1 and then half the portion size. Check the picture taken before the meal was touched and make your own mind up.

Thankyou for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention.
I will raise your issues of portion control and quality to our chefs and hopefully this will not happen again.
We hope you choose to visit again soon.
Thanks, management.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Could not have ended a busy family day more perfectly. I have bwen wanting to bring my husband here for months after my last visit and all I've gone onto him about is coming here and as expected was not let down. Husband was well impressed. We brought our 2 babies with us and unfortunately had to leave as they were getting tired and irritable. The only thing i have a small issue with is that staff didn't really seem to be clued up on dairy free foods as my daughter has a severe allergy to dairy i.e milk and eggs as a result we bought her the fish fingers as we were told they couldn't see any dairy in the ingredients but when we got home she was really ill. So it's just something to be aware of and hopefully a dairy free or free from menu could be thought about for the future. Anyway we all loved our meal and when our babies get their sleep over we will be back ( hopefully next week )

1  Thank mrsp847
Tom S, General Manager at The Sandstone Nab, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Stefanie
Duty Manager

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Good food when served even though some items were missing as we had to ask for them . Not a lover of the re-fill drinks as you have to ask at the bar for a re-fill and can some times wait a wile, desserts were nice the big cakes are way to big for a portion and we waited a little while considering how quite it was but staff were friendly. Paying the bill was easy and we’re able to split in two minutes

2  Thank David Lee S

Thanks you for you feedback, we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Regards
Stefanie
Duty Manager

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We used the restaurant quite often and it is not what it used to be.
Staff didn’t offer refillable option when drinks were ordered
Small portions of food , hardly 10 fries with the burger
Presentation was poor- just slammed on the plate
Advertising 10oz gammon not even 6oz
Took over 40mns to produce 4 simple burgers
Short staffed- poor waitress trying her best but clearly lacking training and confidence
No meal check back
Run out of mayonnaise when tesco is next door
Ordered burger sauce as an alternative it never arrived
Phone constantly ringing at the bar and not being answered
Spoke to the General manager John who explained he is making changes with the old staff - the restaurant is fairly new so can’t understand that comment !
He offered me cash when I hadn’t even paid the bill yet.?!
The restaurant was very quiet so I can’t understand why it is so poor. I really hope this can be rectified as it use to be much more organised and much more pleasant.

2  Thank Nosleepin