“Pretty signage, does not disappoint inside!”

Galley Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #137 of 25 578 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Description: Galley is a modern restaurant and bar located on Upper Street, Islington. Seasonally inspired ingredients from land and sea are crafted into contemporary dishes in a stylish open kitchen. Founded by brother and sister team Marcel Grzyb and Oriona Robb, Galley was born out of a love of food and cooking, fused with a natural affinity for style. The founders wanted to create a place where exciting food, design-led interiors and a warm atmosphere come together. Contemporary in nature, the food draws on global influences and seasonal ingredients to create stylish artisan dishes. In the restaurant interior, open plan elegance meets vintage cool. A striped canopy and floor to ceiling glass doors present a striking entrance with views of the kitchen at work. Rich textures come into play with sleek marble sitting alongside moroccan tiles, aged brass, antique mirror and worn-in persian rugs. Decor oozes London sophistication whilst feeling lived in and loved. Attention to detail is everywhere you look, with design accents and artwork to gaze at.
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Super friendly staff and incredible food. Yes, we were there on a Tuesday night so we’re probably spoiled with attention but the staff seem to be genuinely having a good time. Each course exceeded the previous one, and the decor was cool but not pretentious. We’ll be back! And a TUUUUNES!!!

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank lucyhill2018

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a new seafood place to try and we found a great place at Galley!
Lots of choice and great oysters
Our waitress Laura was very helpful, informative and funny as! Thanks for a great evening of fish and vino!

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank ila-chels
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Took friend here for birthday treat and we weren't disappointed.
Mid afternoon, attentive staff, great food.

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank 985ralphw
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Ok I have been twice already and they remember me and welcome me as family. I am totally in love with this place.
The 1st time I went for dinner and tried oysters for the 1st time and omg were they good!!! They have a selection from different countries and textures, the ones I had were divine.
Then it was dinner and we had a selection of mussels, langoustines, calamary and side dishes, everything so fresh and beautifully prepared, it was a feast.
Upon arrival say at the bar and had a mango spritz, not in the menu but the barman is a magician, mean, inventive and delicious cocktails. The white wine was perfect and went really well with the food. We had dessert, their version on cheesecake and ice cream, the perfect ending.

I can see myself becoming a regular. Prices are great and the service is like nothing I had experienced before. Last Sunday went for Brunch and yum-yum. I had their version of English breakfast and my friend the waffles. Bottomless brunch for 90 min is £28.

They are all really sweet and welcome you with big smiles from the door. There is a sweet Spanish waitress who smiles all the time and is great with suggestions.

The place is not massive but good table distribution and there are some boot-like ones that give you privacy.

Go, go, go!

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank paolao468
Reviewed 3 September 2018

I booked the Galley for my mum's birthday lunch without having been before and we were all very pleased with the outcome.

The food was delicious but it was the service that stole the show. I have always found this the weakest link when eating out but they were all extremely personable without being 'pushy' in the slightest.

The restaurant has a very tasteful decor and we would have stayed longer for cocktails if we hadn't been a little pushed for time.

The final bill was also reasonable, considering the amount we ordered.

See you again soon!