“Disappointing dinner”
Review of Charlotte's W5

Charlotte's W5
Ranked #4 203 of 24 651 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Description: Chrlotte's W5 is a celebration of craft and provenance where we make your day, every day. Our food menu takes you through the day from breakfast to dinner. Your favourite breakfast and brunch dishes are served daily from 8am. From 12pm we are known for our selection of snacks and small plates that allows you to try a variety of perfectly crafted dishes to share amongst friends. The Conservatory Bar is the perfect spot to meet with friends over coffee or enjoy after-work drinks whilst our Stable Block provides stylish, high top tables that lend themselves perfectly to evening drinks and nibbles. Superfast WiFi and multiple plug points also means you can work from Charlotte's throughout the day. PLEASE NOTE: Charlotte's Group is now an entirely cashless business. We accept payment by debit card, credit card, AMEX and Apple Pay.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

6 of us had dinner here a couple of weeks ago and all of us are well travelled regular diners. We all found the food very disappointing. 2 of us had the lamb steak ... the meat was pretty tough. I had the flat iron chicken. It was anaemic looking and the blandest chicken I’ve ever had anywhere with absolutely zero taste. My friends tried it and agreed that it was flavourless. For almost £18 I didn’t expect that. I mentioned it to the waitess in the nicest possible way when she asked at the end of our meal as I believe feedback can be given in a constructive manner to enable an establishment to improve. The service was great , the venue is fabulous, however the food really lets it down. This is the second time I’ve been here and would go back for drinks but not for the food as it is overpriced for what it is and on both occasions once for lunch and this time for dinner was sadly poor . Such a shame as I think it has the potential to be great.

3  Thank NCek

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Although our severs were lovely, very friendly and looked after us well. The sides were HEAVILY salted and I paid £14.50 for what was essentially a mediocre baked potato, mushrooms and a small amount of cheese. My other guests enjoyed their food, having a much more substantial meal.

2  Thank Sheena F
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had dinner here Saturday evening. We sat outside and had to ask 4 times for a food menu. I finally went to the desk and got them myself. The service was pretty shoddy. The food was served by an Italian couple who basically shouted the dishes out and plonked them down on the table, giggling as they did so.

The food itself was fine although presentation was poor. My duck breast was two strips of meat and looked unappetising although it turned out to be tasty. We tried the Lebanese white wine which was delicious.

Staff need training.

4  Thank GlennBoston_MA
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A special meal with my grown up family - even mentioned on booking that it was my birthday.
We arrived 20 mins early - and sat in v attractive area outside . Waitress didn’t understand English easily - eg what variety of Fevertree tonics do you have ?
Drinks menu tacky dirty and only one given for 3 of us ...
Twenty minutes after our booked time, we asked 3 times to be put at a table ...
Place turned out to be v v busy ‘cos we sat at table before 9 pm - and did not receive our food until after 10 pm.
We had said one of us was vegan, when booking, but had to ask if there was a vegan menu ( had been assured when booking). Part of our order never arrived .. despite assurances.. excuse eventually given ( when we had finished eating) was that the chef said it Wasn’t Vegan and so wouldn’t send it out ...
vegan/vegetarian choices basically vegetables and foccacia ..
No cruet on table ... is it an insult to think the food needs seasoning?
Standard of food average - no better - didn’t bother with dessert - we had better at home in the fridge !!
The waiter tried his best (2nd day in job) but a variety of others appeared at different times including women in charge - who were not on top form ..

3  Thank Salmas52
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was looking forward to brunch in this beautiful building but left disappointed and feeling overcharged.
Went in for brunch and ordered the sweet potato pancakes and some sausages on the side, it not the most enjoyable of plates of food I’ve ever eaten. Almost a blessing the portions are small. Service was a little slow, parciulalrly as it was quite quiet, mid morning, mid week. The cost of brunch really did not reflect the standards I was expecting. Also, they do not take cash....not sure when this became a thing.
Don’t think I’ll go back again, in all honesty

4  Thank dpjohns2n