“Lunch out while shopping ”

Levi Roots Caribbean Smokehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Levi Roots Caribbean Smokehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 389 of 25 450 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$23
Description: Lowdahmercy! My dream has always been to open a Caribbean eatery and now its a reality! We aim to serve the best Jerk Chicken in the world amongst other traditional Caribbean favourites, including smoked meats, vegetables and of course curry goat, all finished on our real jerk pit. Remember, it's not a restaurant, it's a 'Rastaurant'.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Popped in for a lunch while shopping at Westfield and we were really glad we did. The waitress was so nice that greeted us recommending drinks and just generally being really nice. We had the Chic Fest burger on the recommendation of our waiter and it was delicious.

We made use of the outdoor seats as the weather was still warm.

Well worth a visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 100)

28 - 32 of 1 100 reviews

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

1st visit to the restaurant for dinner last year the food was fantastic. 6 of us had a selection of dishes with no complaints. Great service. 2nd visit - went for lunch a few Saturdays ago and was shocked. The food was disgusting. We were served mac n cheese smothered in BBQ! The ackee and saltfish was bland and looked like cous cous. The "jerk" steak and chicken wasn't jerk but had the sauce poured over the meat. The staff were friendly but it was really disappointing considering the food had been fantastic a few months earlier. It's a shame because the restaurant has a good vibe and great location. Prices are good - just the food a failure. We did complaint and had the bill reduced.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

This was my go to place in Westfield. The food was great, the music was pumping and the atmosphere was awesome. The food has plummeted. It used to be jerk wings, now it's fried bones covered in a sticky mess. The ackee and salt fish is very salty, tasteless and with thyme on the side. The music is barely audible and the waiters are miserable; perhaps I would be too if I had to serve miserable food. Stop being shameless and close- simple!

1  Thank _maria1667win
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Went here for a family dinner a couple of weeks ago and was blown away! I had never tried caribbean food before and had wanted to for a long time. We were in the area and figured there was no time like the present. With Levi Roots being a household name in this type of cuisine it made perfect sense for this to be our introduction to caribbean cuisine. It seriously lived up to our expectations and more.

As soon as you walk in the door the vibe is exactly right. From the decor to the music and general lively atmosphere, you could almost be in Jamaica rather than Stratford. Once we were seated I had to make a rather pressing visit to the gents, and as I entered the empty toilets a bloke's voice in a thick patois greeted me warmly. I think he addressed me with "wagwan rude bwoy" or some such. After nearly jumping out of my skin and looking around for another person, perhaps a lurking toilet attendant brandishing a bottle of aftershave and a tray for tips, I realised the source of the voice was actually a piped in music track with a voiceover guy advertising some promotions or similar. Once I had established I wasn't being haunted by the ghost of bob marley it added quite a nice authentic touch to proceedings.

Back downstairs, the food arrived and it was a definite 10 out of 10. I had curry goat, the missus went for jerk chicken and we shared a few sides of rice and peas, plantains etc so that we could sample all of the iconic dishes on offer. Everything tasted incredible and was exactly everything I had hoped for and more. It was all very fresh, flavoursome and bursting with authenticity. The portions were generous and everything was very reasonably priced. The servers were very friendly and efficient.

Overall it was one of the best meals we've had in recent years. There are a lot of food options in Westfield and we almost chose another one of them, but spotted Levi Roots Caribbean Smokehouse first as we were walking around and I'm really glad we decided to take the plunge and try it out. I hope from here it expands and opens more branches around London and further afield because I will definitely be returning again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Went to the restaurant for a Saturday evening meal with my dad. Had the sharing jerk platter which I would really recommend if you haven’t been before as it has everything from the jerk pit and is great value for money! We also had painkiller and mule cocktails which were great.

Service was a bit slow considering it wasn’t busy. The food was great though. My only complaint is the plastic straws as it is so easy to swap to paper and there isn’t a good reason to have them anywhere. Other than that I would return.