“Very disappointed”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I went to this restaurant and could not find anyone to ask about a table and so saw a space and sat down. The front of house for that day was Luigia. She looked in my direction and flicked her hand at me to get up. She then came over and told me ‘two ladies were waiting tor this table and to get up! I perfectly understand a queue system but there are ways of saying things and she was incredibly disrespectful. I was on my own and am in my 60’s and I felt that this made it easier for her to be so rude to me.
I went inside and had a bite to eat. They always bring a dip and bread which is a nice touch. However, the bread was cold and quite unappetising. The rest of the food was fine. The waitress who served me was very nice.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Interesting place with good quality food. Service because of the Manager was not the best but the ambiance of St Christopher's makes up for it. Wide variety of food available.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have taken breakfast here on a number of occasions as we tend to stay in a hotel nearby when on business visits to the capitol. I am happy to recommend breakfast here to anyone. Last week when strolling through St Christopher’s place on a sunny lunchtime we decided to give it a try for lunch. A Turkish restaurant seemed very appropriate given the warm weather.
A very helpful waiter showed us to our spotlessly clean table outside where the other tables were filled with an eclectic mix of business people deep in discussion, couples relaxing, and whole families celebrating in true Mediterranean style . The atmosphere was joyful without being instrusive.
We eat off the lunch menus which were good value. There was an ample choice of sharing plates, salads, grilled meats and fish and vegetable dishes. A courtesy plate of humus, olives and flatbreads was not just good, it was the best humus I’ve tasted. After that I had a Feta salad, simple enough to might say, but it was delicious with an excellent feta, tasty salad topped with pomegranate seeds and a first class dressing which burst with fresh herb flavours. My colleague had chargrilled lamb and beef served with basmati rice which he declared was excellent. So simple food, prepared really well and with real flavour. A pleasure. I’m hooked. Or is that hookah’d?

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived there with a friend for a quick lunch..the place is busy so had to get attention of someone to give us menus ..the waiter was courteous and pleasant yet seemed a little harassed ..our order was placed and on came the food ..all at once ..we then stayed quite and started digging in the various platters.the waiter could have asked us if we wanted the starters and mIncourse together , we also forgot to tell them .. any way the hommus.. the bread and the grills were superb..and even the vine leaves filled with meat was quite interesting.. I am writing after a while so remember a few dishes ..but one thing was for sure the food tasted great..
My only negative comment would be the difficult approach to the rest room and the clutter on the way down there ? It also needs to be checked and cleaned at all times .
Over al it was great and perfect sunny day to enjoy lunch and a dry glass of white wine.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have eaten here for lunch on many occasions both in the winter and summer and never been disappointed. We love to sit outside in the winter with the blankets provided and the over head heaters. We always order from the set menu which is a meze of starters plus a main, the chicken and sea bass are both excellent. The service, quality, choice and value for money are all excellent. You also get hummus with flat bread to nibble while choosing. Good wine selection also. Great location!