“WHAT A JOKE OF A PLACE , KEEP AWAY ”
Review of Caffe Concerto

Caffe Concerto
Ranked #17 130 of 25 043 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I visited cafe concerto for a quick lunch , with some family , the staff were terrible , disorganised and rude . The food took 50 minutes to arrive and once it arrived it was absolutely abysmal !! It was left on the bar for 5 minutes until we received it , we then had to prompt the staff member for one missing dish that was still sitting there on the bar !!!!!!

I chose the cream tea , see picture of what I got - 2 soggy old macaroons which were inedible , old cream that tasted almost like cheese , I asked the member of staff where the rest was that was stated In the description and was told rudely it’s to our discretion what you get !!!

I then spoke to a manager and explained that I wanted a fruit tart as it was on the menu images promoting the cream tea !! That arrived .... absolutely disgusting is an under statement the pastry was wet , the cream was sour !!!!!!! It was like it had been sat in a fridge for a week !!!

Over all the lunch we had was the worst I have ever experienced!!

I recommend not to visit this place !!!!!!

Over priced rubbish present to you by rude staff who don’t know what they are doing !!!

1  Thank luke p

Reviewed 11 June 2018

As previous people have said, the decor is amazing and worth a visit for that alone. Thew food was good and served quickly and politely. The arrabiata is bloody hot - be warned.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Terrrible food, staff and service. Cakes look better than they taste. Staff more bothered about getting new customers in than serving seated customers...i.e walk away half through taking an order, had to ask twice for cutlery. Tried to charge me for food that I didnt have...and applied as 12.5% service charge, of which I refused to pay.

1  Thank Navigator587097
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My family and I had been “doing London” for what seemed like hours and as my granddaughters are 5 & 9 this were getting fractious. After walking in and out of a couple of places we were so lucky to happen upon this restaurant.
We were seated immediately given time to decicide and out proffer taken. The food was excellent, I don’t photograph food just take my word for it the coffee outstanding and a very happy family. The staff were excellent too.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I had afternoon tea in mind for a while and after a visit to the national gallery we stopped here. I had seen this on the bus en route and thought it look very nice. I wasn’t disappointed. Very stylish and like a scene from an 1950’s movie. We were served promptly by Marian and because my friend and I had eaten not so long ago, I opted for the ‘Luxuary cream tea’ for one to share among the 3 of us at 12.95. And two extra English breakfast tea’s at 3.95 each...Rip off! When our cream tea arrived I was a little confused?? What’s luxury about two scones, jam, two small tarts and some weird green pot desert that even my son turned his nose up..sadly it didn’t live up to its name luxury in taste or presentation or quality. So pleased I didn’t buy one priced at 21.95 for two. Phew! The service was good. £2.61 service charge isn’t bad.