“Very cozy with an excellent cooking lesson”
Review of Caroline Hope

Caroline Hope
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Caroline offers classes covering all aspects relating to the magical world of English tea time. More than 4,000 visitors have travelled to London to attend her workshops and classes. Her workshops and classes range from private classes for two people upwards to large group events on scheduled dates. Information is imparted in a fun and practical way to give you confidence to replicate your own tea party at home. The most popular class is the Afternoon tea party baking class followed by a tea party. Other classes and workshops include mastering how to make the Parisian style macaron, a guided tea tour around the Victoria and Albert Museum, and an extended multiple day workshop programme covering all every aspect of English tea time from tea tasting, tea party baking, social history of tea parties in context and how to present your own tea party.
Reviewed 5 August 2018

My daughters and I spent a lovely morning and early afternoon with Caroline. It was a group of six which was perfect. We were taught how to make and perfect scones, a sponge cake and shortbread. Caroline was an excellent teacher. She also kept us informed with historical and more recent information about the art of making tea. After our creations were made, we sat down to a lovely tea. After our tea was over, Caroline helped us with our journey home. It was a lovely experience and I would recommend this for anyone who appreciates fine tea and wants to something traditional. Caroline was lovely.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
carolinehopetea, Owner at Caroline Hope, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review - it was a pleasure to meet you and I hope the lady who helped you find my home was in contact with you. Your daughters were so polite, graceful and charming - I hope that you all had a great trip to the UK.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"knowledge"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 1 August 2018

enjoyed the baking class, we were a small group so we took our time and learned a lot. Then enjoyed our own baking with a nice cup of tea. Thank you Caroline for the good time

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
carolinehopetea, Owner at Caroline Hope, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review - I hope you will continue to bake at home. Caroline

Reviewed 26 July 2018

I had a very pleasant and educational experience at Caroline Hopes class/ workshop. I learned a lot more about baking scones, shortbread, and victoria cake than I expected. Caroline has put heaps of effort into her guests experience and it shows. She is welcoming, empathetic, knowledgeable, sociable, and applys the perfect amount of attention to detail. This experience was an investment in quality. I have easily applied her techniques at home and can now make some lovely treats.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Dear Tiffany, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and I have already had communication from your partner about the possible difficulties making the scones in another country in the world. I hope you all had a wonderful trip to the UK visiting your family. With best wishes, Caroline

Reviewed 25 July 2018

This is more than just a class where you go to bake recipes. It is obvious that Caroline has put a lot of thought into designing the class to teach key techniques of baking. Caroline is very knowledgeable about all aspects of English tea.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for your very kind review and I am so pleased you appreciated that some thought had gone into the planning of each of the items we baked. Sometimes I worry I might appear a bit slapdash in my approach but that is more my manner rather than lack of planning, I hope that you had a great time in the UK on your holiday. With warmest wishes, Caroline