“Fantastic!”
Review of Caroline Hope

Caroline Hope
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Caroline offers classes covering all aspects relating to the magical world of English tea time. More than 4,000 visitors have travelled to London to attend her workshops and classes. Her workshops and classes range from private classes for two people upwards to large group events on scheduled dates. Information is imparted in a fun and practical way to give you confidence to replicate your own tea party at home. The most popular class is the Afternoon tea party baking class followed by a tea party. Other classes and workshops include mastering how to make the Parisian style macaron, a guided tea tour around the Victoria and Albert Museum, and an extended multiple day workshop programme covering all every aspect of English tea time from tea tasting, tea party baking, social history of tea parties in context and how to present your own tea party.
Reviewed 26 July 2018

I had a very pleasant and educational experience at Caroline Hopes class/ workshop. I learned a lot more about baking scones, shortbread, and victoria cake than I expected. Caroline has put heaps of effort into her guests experience and it shows. She is welcoming, empathetic, knowledgeable, sociable, and applys the perfect amount of attention to detail. This experience was an investment in quality. I have easily applied her techniques at home and can now make some lovely treats.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
carolinehopetea, Owner at Caroline Hope, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Tiffany, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and I have already had communication from your partner about the possible difficulties making the scones in another country in the world. I hope you all had a wonderful trip to the UK visiting your family. With best wishes, Caroline

All reviews
"taught"
in 5 reviews
"novice"

Reviewed 25 July 2018

This is more than just a class where you go to bake recipes. It is obvious that Caroline has put a lot of thought into designing the class to teach key techniques of baking. Caroline is very knowledgeable about all aspects of English tea.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for your very kind review and I am so pleased you appreciated that some thought had gone into the planning of each of the items we baked. Sometimes I worry I might appear a bit slapdash in my approach but that is more my manner rather than lack of planning, I hope that you had a great time in the UK on your holiday. With warmest wishes, Caroline

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

My husband, 6 year old daughter and I took Caroline’s Afternoon tea class last week— it was our favorite thing we did in London. We had a great time and Caroline was a wonderful host. Everything we baked was delicious—we can’t wait to make some treats at home.

Caroline also suggested some non-touristy locations for us to visit and they were excellent.

We highly recommend her class!

carolinehopetea, Owner at Caroline Hope, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing report - it was a pleasure to meet you all.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Caroline is an amazing host. You can tell she is very passionate about baking and takes her time to explain you things that you didn’t think were important. I loved taking her class and would definitely do it again. She is such a pleasure to be around. Everything turned out so delicious! And at the end she made sure we all knew how to get back to our destinations, such an incredible and thoughtful host. Take this class if you’re considering it!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
carolinehopetea, Owner at Caroline Hope, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words - it is very kind of you to take the time to review - I hope the 'tank fest' was a success for your Dad! Caroline

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This was a fabulous cooking experience. While visiting London, this is so much more than an English tea. Caroline is a fabulous teacher and so knowledgeable on what a true tea should be. She was patient and took her time to ensure that we experienced how to create a Victoria Sponge, shortbread, and scones. Everything was delicious and all questions addressed. I would highly recommend this to someone wanting an uncrowded, non-tourist experience in London.

Thank you so much for your review - I hope you found the recipe downloads and I hope that I stated the correct amounts converting from grams to cups. I shall remember you and yours sister and hope your respective dogs did not miss you too much when you are both traveling in Europe. With warmest wishes, Caroline